Alternate Players

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Action, romance and intrigue find Robert and Jenny as their lives are turned sideways by a chance encounter with a mysterious multi-reality artifact.

Does NOT contain furries, fem-dom, high school, cheerleader revenge squads,mall shopping, diapers, psychotic moms and 'boys who are frequently assumed to be girls by people with normal eyesight and mental acuity'.

Does contain love, devotion, violence and serious gender bending. Language used is basic adult conversational obscenity, and excessive violence appears as required

Story:

Story is being hosted by the lovely and fabulous Jenny!:

For Html

http://www.nowhere2go.org/slothrop/AlternatePlayers.htm

for RTF download

http://www.nowhere2go.org/slothrop/Alternate%20Players.rtf

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow- alt-history over the top!

I like this story. So many places to go to, things to see, ideas turned to usable tech, good guys & gals, baddies, and lots of mayhem. Not to mention play toys so advanced they may as well be magic. I'll have to wait a bit to recover before re-reading this fantastic tale.

Normal eyesight and mental acuity

I love it - you have a wonderful gift for the ridiculous - The amazing goes unnoticed and the incredible is just a phase.

"Any youngster or adult no matter what their physical makeup instantly looks like a girl when they put on a wig and some mascara"
"Any dare no matter how stupid results in total feminisation"
"Mothers are so incredibly insensitive that they think that forcing a male child into a dress will make them female"
There's an endless list of things that enable stories to be written about being transgender.
Sadly very few of them are credible.
Yours appear to be
Thanks for that, Jenny
(I'm post-op MtF)

Hmmm, Kinda tacky.

ya know,
I think it is very gracious of Erin and Joyce to let people poach upon this site and even support others in that process. Lovely and fabulous..I wish you that and myself. The cliches seem as "powerful" as always,thanks Jenny if it galvanizes a real TS what else can one hope for? Maybe an actual posting here? Crap, Tyrone you are starting to act like Angel...you big sissy girl! LOL!

Gwen Lavyril

Gwen Lavyril

Okay Gwen, that last bit cros

Okay Gwen, that last bit crossed the line...

As for 'poaching' Joyce has the full story file in her posession if she chooses to post it in place of the links. If you follow the link, you will find about 70 plus pages of scribbling prose for your possible enjoyment.

sigh. You write a story, you want to share it....what's an author to do?

I don't think Gwen meant that to hurt. :)

erin's picture

But if I have the text of this story, I don't know where it is.

Then again, I don't mind if people post links instead of the whole story. :)

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

story in email reply

the story was attached to a reply to your email to me offering to post it since your were having database probs when I tried to post it.

Please Resend

erin's picture

I never got the story. It's not in my trash or junk folders even. No idea what happened. I always send a confirm email when I receive a story. Hugs.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

An excellent pilot program ...

...for a series that should run for years.

I've enjoyed this quite different version of the alernate history stories I enjoy, or is that his>herstory?

I am looking forward to part 2, and 3, and 2a, and 3b, and ...

Holly

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness.
It usually comes back to you.

Holly

Fantastic

NoraAdrienne's picture

Welcome to Sliders, with a twist.

Superb

a well thought out and written story by a talented author the illusive "something different" for a change. i'm with holly, wishing for more from this new universe go ty rah rah rah.

Nicely Done, As Usual

Tone and some plot elements are reminiscent of Keith Laumer -- it works rather well for this kind of over-the-top story. Likable characters, interesting settings -- really good job. Thanks for posting.

Eric