Drabble: Reunion

Printer-friendly version
Drabble: Reunion
by mittfh
Copyright © 2010 Ben Norwood.
Creative Commons License

I stood nervously in Arrivals, butterflies in my stomach. Why had I ever agreed to this reunion in the first place?

I could have worn jeans and a T-shirt, but felt it was better for Jack (an old schoolfriend who'd kept in touch by email) to discover the 'new' me in public, where there was less chance of confrontation. I hoped he wouldn't reject my new appearance.

Then I saw him ambling down the concourse, looking equally as nervous. Or should I say, I saw 'her'.

Maybe this reunion wouldn't be so bad after all...


My quickest turnover yet. The idea hit me as I woke up... half an hour later it's written and published... if only I could write the rest of my story ideas as quickly! In case you hadn't twigged, neither was aware of the other's 'new' identity until now.

up
35 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Reunion

I Liked it! As P.T.Barnum said, "Always leave them asking for more."
Avid Reader

Drabble: Reunion

I can see quite a story to go with this drabble. In fact, more than one.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Expansion

If anyone thinks they can pick this up, run with it, and create something longer - feel free.

a) I'm already progressing (slowly) with the next installment of Petra, and I've several more ideas on the back burner.

b) The CC-BY license attached to all my stories gives you free reign to create derivative works without needing to ask me permission first. Just add an attribution along the lines of "Based on an idea by mittfh" (and if you publish it somewhere other than BCTS, let me know so I can peek and praise!)

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Oh dear...

You might want to change your teaser, lest you might not get as many reads, you have the whole thing in it ^^"

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D