Cashews Cartoon

Printer-friendly version

What would happen if Peppermint Patty and Marcie were to take a hand in Charlie Brown's never ending quest to win the affection of the little red haired girl?

With great respect and admiration for Mr Schultz, along with heartfelt apologies to one of my favorite cartoonists, I'd like to offer the following comic strip for your perusal and entertainment. ;)

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sweet!

OMG Heather! LOL!!! You really got this right!!!

Hugs!

Grover

Two words...

Andrea Lena's picture

...Good Grief!


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hi Heather,

VERY cute. Thanks

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Cashews Cartoon

Good thing that Lucy wasn't there. :)

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Yes, it's funny, but...

...I really can't see Peppermint Patty and Marcie helping Charlie Brown to get the Little Red-Haired Girl -- because, you see, both of them have crushes on Chuck.

Sorry

erin's picture

That actually makes it more likely. Us girls are weird that way. :) And look how they're helping him! LOL.

I think Schulz would have smiled and shook his head if he had seen this. He tended to be flattered by fan enthusiasms for his work. (Unfortunately, someone on his staff would have had his lawyers call you. Let's hope they don't find out.)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Don't forget the fall classics

of Lucy pulling the football at the last second.

Hello Miss Brown,

That might present a problem on that revealing scene when he lands on his back.

Then there is the Great Pumpkin. That's an excellent costume. That's the perfect time to dress up and go enfemme for the occasion.

Can't forget the Christmas party on the stage. What part will he play now?

But we might see Snoopy laugh his head off silly when Charles fills his dog dish with food.

Either way, thanks for the clip. Have a wonderful week everyone.

Rachel

I'd like to think that Mr Schulz

would be flattered. After all, isn't this taking the great man's work to another dimmension? Very well thought out and very entertaining.

Susie

Charlie needs a new do

laika's picture

Maybe it's time for a trip to Mr. Pierre's wig shop, which looks suspiciously like a dog house. I realize there's a good
deal of work involved in doing such a flawless imitation of the strip (my parody of those weird hellfire-preaching
JT CHICK pamphlets, THE TRANNY TRAP was a disaster, never did get it to look much like the real thing...)
but four panels of this delightful storyline is just a tease. I'd love to see more...
~~~hugs, Laika

Charlie Brown !!!

ALISON

" I'm your personal shopper,trust me." Heather,you nailed it------my darling late mother would have
loved it like I do.Thank you so much and as 'Drea said "Good grief!"

ALISON

Is that you, Charley Brown?

Is that you, Charley Brown? You certainly have changed eh? Almost didn't recognise you without your familiar zigzag stripe around your middle. Great comic idea Heather. :) Jan

Never in a million years

would I have expected Marcie to have been the one with the idea.

Of course it's perfect! Well done!

Hugs
Carla Ann

Charlene ? Brown had better save up her allowance

It's gonna cost a fortune in therapy with Lucy, even at five cents a session.

Though give that I always suspected Marcie and Peppermint Patty of being budding lesbians or bi maybe THAT explains their dressing up Charlene? They're dressing him up for themselves, best of both worlds and all that.

Though at their age it's hard to say. Silly stuff.

Thanks for posting it, Heather.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. What about Schroder and his piano? He's always putting off Lucy's advances. You don't suppose he's like Liberace? GOOD GRIEF !

P.P.S. For that matter is Pigpen really a boy? Under all that dirt who knows. Maybe she's a bigger tomboy than Peppermint Patty?

John in Wauwatosa

Good grief! Charlene, erm Charlie Brown

Thank you Heather for this cute rendition of the Shultz comic strip...it is too bad that the characters are copyrighted because this little strip could make for a wonderful story on Charlene ... erm ... Charlie Brown's life changes...heeheehee. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

DOH!

I must confess, you got me. I skipped the prose and went direct to the comic. I was reading the comments before I realized this was not vintage Schultz.

My wife knew him. I can't help but believe he would have penned this himself, if it had occured to him.

Way too good to be real.

Beth

Marcie and Peppermint Patty

... both have a crush on Charlie Brown? I knew about Patty, but not Marcie. I think Erin and John have some good points about the way Charlie is being "helped". While his new outfit may indeed attract the attention of the little red haired girl, the circumstances under which he gets the attention may not be what he was hoping for.

You've got a very good eye, Stanman. Charlie is wearing Lucy's dress in the last panel, or at least one that looks exactly like hers. Maybe Marcie picked it up where Lucy usually shops for her dresses? I also borrowed some facial expressions from various characters when I couldn't find the one I wanted on the face i needed it on. Hopefully, those aren't as noticeable as the dress.

While creating this strip was fun, it also turned out to be more work than I had expected, just searching for images that looked right together and creating a collage of clippings arranged in a way that looked like a whole rather than a bunch of pieces. If I ever do get any other ideas for the further adventures of Charlene Brown, I'll probably put them in written form rather than a cartoon.

Thank you everyone for all you wonderful comments, and for voting for and taking a look at this spoof of one of my favorite comic strips. :)