The Diary chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Ricky begins to do the things Sandra asked him to do for her.

The Diary -chapter 4

By

Paula Dillon

Ricky checked the time, he found that he probably had an hour or two before he needed to start dinner. He returned to the laptop and began reading some more of the diary.

>>>><<<<<

As bright as middle school had been, high school was dark. I kept my eyes open for another Lisa, but that wasn’t going to happen. The urges to dress as Sandra never went away, but I did find an outlet. Amanda went away to college, Wanda hung out with her friends most days after school, and Mom got a job outside of the house. The good thing about Amanda going to college was that she left about half her clothes in her room. We each had our own bedroom, Wanda and Amanda shared a bath and I had to use the common bathroom that only had a shower, sink and toilet.

Anyway, I took some of Amanda’s older clothes that she left at home. She never threw away anything at all and since she was bigger than I am, much of her clothes fit me just fine.

I found a couple of innovative ways of making breastforms, using old pantyhose and birdseed, instead of water balloons. Both methods have their ups and downs, but I liked the bird seed a little better than water balloons.

I also created a place to hide my stash, the space behind my closet the walls were about ten inches deep, instead of five inches. This space in the wall, was used to run the plumbing from the hot water heater to the various bathrooms and kitchen. I cut a square out of the sheet rock and created a small nook to hide my things in.

This lasted for all of three months. I should have paid more attention to Murphy’s Law, because that smelly stuff that always rolls down hill rolled right over me. A water pipe, which went through my hiding place burst, Mom had to call a plumber. Mom was with the plumber when they found out about my proclivities.

I think Mom was more upset that the plumber found the clothes, than if she had found them. I don’t know, she never talked about it. She just screamed at me for embarrassing her and being a perverted boy.

Things between Mom and I got worse after that. I wasn’t physically abused, like some transgendered kids, for that I was eternally grateful, but it was the verbal abuse and name calling that made things painful for me. Where Mom left off, Wanda took up the gauntlet and Amanda, when she was home from college. I just had to get out of that house.

I ran away from home. I didn’t know where else to go, so I went to Grandmother Kate’s (my Mom’s Mom) home. I left the week after Thanksgiving. I packed my backpack and took a Greyhound Bus. I just had enough money for the ticket and one meal, a quarter-pounder, fries and a bottle of water.

I rode that bus for two days almost, reaching my destination city well after noon. I then walked from the bus station to her home, a sixteen-mile walk. Most of the walk was along the service road for the interstate. Still it was nearly a seven-hour walk, with some very precarious intersections along the way.

I arrived at her home a little after ten PM. I hesitated knocking for about ten minutes, I didn’t know if I was going to be facing more of the same thing I had found at home. Amid all the warring in my soul, the front door opened and there stood my Grandma.

“William, is that you? What are you doing here? Where is the rest of the family? You’re not here by yourself are you?”

All that spilled out of my grandmother, before I could respond to question one.

Grandma Kate pulled me into her house. After looking at me, she led me to her kitchen.

“Sit, I will make a pot of tea and then we can talk. Are you hungry?”

I just nodded, and after eyeing me over, she began to cook just about everything in her kitchen, it seemed. We didn’t begin to talk, until I was about halfway through eating. I don’t think I could have talked with my mouth so full. I don’t remember what was said, or how long we talked. I only remember waking up the next morning on the couch, in the living room.

Grandmother Kate sitting in her chair, was the first thing I saw the next morning.

“Good morning William, how are you doing?”

“I am OK and you?”

“I am doing well. You know, your Mom still hasn’t called me and told me that you are missing yet. Did you tell her where you were going, when you left.”

“No ma’am, I just grabbed a bunch of stuff and left about three days ago, three days this evening. I think she is happy that I am gone.”

“I want to see just how long she will wait. I will give her a week. If she doesn’t call, I will call her. I don’t think that you will be going home.”

“Go take a bath if you are going to live in my house. You smell like a vagabond. Leave your clothes outside the door; there are a couple of robes hanging on the door. Go to the bedroom you use when you come here. I’ll find something for you to wear.”

I hadn’t noticed how much I stank till she told me and I was glad to have a chance to clean myself up. When I came out of the shower there were some girl’s clothes on the bed, jeans, panties and a blouse. I tried not to think about them belonging to my Mom, as I dressed in them. I never wore boy’s clothes again.

Anyways, Mom never called, Grandmother had to call her. After some hemming and hawing Mother admitted that I had run away. Sparks flew between them, till Grandmother Kate told her I was there, and they went through a second round of arguing. When all was said and done, I was to stay with my grandmother. Mom and Grandmother Kate made it official, they both went to a lawyer and had some paperwork drawn up.

Mom never came to see her mother again. I could tell that it was tearing my Grandmother up inside, but she made it clear, that I was just too precious to abandon. If my mother was too much of an ass to see that, then that was her problem.

Things brightened up a bit for me as I stayed with Grandmother Kate. She insisted that I see a psychologist about my wanting to be a girl.

I went to see my psychologist, and after four weekly sessions, she suggested that I live full time as a girl. I was happy and afraid at the same time. How would I be able to go to school?

Grandmother Kate had an answer to that problem, I home schooled for a year, with my Grandmother as my teacher. Boy can she be a harsh taskmaster. In many ways she was harder on me than my regular teachers were. Her lessons not only included the three R’s, but I had separate lessons on how to be a girl. In many ways those were harder than the regular schoolwork.

By the time the next school year started, I had learned a lot about being a girl and I was well ahead of the average student in my grade.

This is the end of the prologue to my diary and I switched to a more day by day diary.

Hugs

Sandra

>>>>><<<<<

After closing the file, Ricky called Jennifer up and asked if she wanted to go with him to a coffee shop, which was a Wi-Fi hotspot tomorrow, as he didn’t want his IP address to go out to everybody. After listening to what Ricky said, she agreed, and convinced Ricky that he should dress as Michelle. Ricky then printed out the ‘read me first’ and ‘read me second’ files. He attached a USB flash drive and copied the files that Jennifer had wanted.

Ricky then spent a little time playing with the makeup. He had seen Jennifer do that at her home, when he had gone over there to study. When they took a break, she would experiment with her makeup and ask Ricky what he thought of this or that. He found that putting his pinky on his cheek helped quite a bit when he worked with the eye liner. He also was getting better with applying mascara to his lower lashes.

He went back to the computer and found help for using the myriad of shades of eye shadows he had. He had pallets and pallets of different shades and colors of eyeshadows. You Tube surprised him, with all the tutorials on makeup available. He bookmarked them all.

Ricky stopped what he was doing and did his housework. He had let it slip a little and he didn’t want his mom to comment on that. He did a couple of loads of clothes, dusted and vacuumed the floors.

He took the wig, the blouse and bra off, the breastforms came off with the bra. He then put on a loose sweatshirt over the corset. The sweatshirt hid the corset and the top of the jeans. He cleaned the makeup off and cleansed his face.

He then fixed dinner for his Mom.

**************

Ricky and Jennifer sat together in the lunchroom. Ricky saw one of the guys he had been keeping an eye on. The boys name was Timothy. Tim was always smartly dressed, usually in a button up shirt, pullover sweater and chinos or jeans. His appearance couldn’t be called feminine, but it wasn’t masculine either. The boy’s hair came to the top of his shoulders and was neatly cut.

After checking the space around them, Ricky asked Jennifer, “Do you think that Timothy West could be like Sandra?”

“Um… He could be, I don’t know. He is cute though. He has beautiful hazel eyes. His eyebrows aren’t bushy like a lot of guys. He keeps them neat, but they aren’t arched. His eyelashes are longer than mine. I would trade eyelashes with him any day. His face is always smooth and clean. He has nice cheekbones and a nice head of hair. We see him checking out girls, but doesn’t leer or make rude comments, like the Neanderthal group. He dresses nicely and is very polite too. I don’t know if you could call him effeminate or not. I would date him in a heartbeat, if I didn’t have you. He seems like a very nice boy.”

Ricky was surprised by the amount of information that Jennifer had gleaned.

“Do girls always gather as much detail?”

“Girls notice more than boys do, especially people that are cute or people that are slobs. You ought to hear what girls say about you?”

“Tell me.”

“I can’t, it’s against the girl code, to reveal what one girl tells another, about a boy. It’s like doctor/patient confidentiality.”

“You’re kidding.”

“Nope, honest injun.”

**************

After school, Jennifer went with Ricky to his home. She had Ricky change into Michelle, while she changed into one of Sandra’s outfits. Jennifer put on a wig cap and donned the blonde wig. She always wondered what she would look like, without her mousey brown hair. Ricky chose to wear the auburn wig; the style fit his age better.

Jennifer dressed in a white silk/linen blouse and a gray wool/linen mini skirt, with black heels. Ricky dressed in a green silk blouse and a high waisted, royal blue, silk/linen mini, with a pair of strappy sandals. The skirt started about two inches below the bust and ended mid thigh.

Jennifer did the makeup for both of them. As they looked at each other in the mirror, it would be hard to identify either of them, without close inspection.

“Are you ready to do this?” Jennifer asked.

“As ready as I can be.”

They grabbed their purses and the laptop, checking that the battery was at full power and headed out. The coffee house was one they both knew of, but on the far side of town from them. It was a twenty-five minute drive from where Ricky lived.

As they entered the coffee shop, they saw that the corner booth was open. Ricky sent Jennifer to grab it, while he would order their coffees and biscotti. Jennifer began setting up the laptop, after she had taken her seat.

Ricky joined Jennifer; they sat side by side with their backs to the wall. The laptop found the Wi-Fi signal and soon they were on the Internet. Ricky launched the IRC client he found in the start menu and soon they had logged into a transgendered chat room.

It only took about eight seconds, before the name Sandragurl was noticed. It was like an avalanche that started off slowly and built up to a tempest. Ricky didn’t see the-boss-lady in the list of chatters there, but he did see a name with an ampersand by it. He double clicked that name, which sent a private chat request.

>>>><<<<<

@JolieB: OMG it’s sooo good 2 c u Sandra. How r u?

Sandragurl: I am not Sandra, but I know what happened.

@Jolie: That doesn’t sound good, so how is Sandra.

Sandragurl: It’s not good Jolie. I was told to contact The-Boss-Lady.

@JolieB: She isn’t here right now, let me skype her.

Things were quiet in the chat window for about five minutes. The-Boss-Lady then came on line and joined them in the private chat.

@The-Boss-Lady: Hi my name is CindyP. I hear that you have information about Sandragurl.

Sandragurl: Yes, my name is Michelle and I am with my girlfriend Jen. I came upon Sandra’s laptop. She had left some directions on it and a way to contact her. I was able to find out what happened with her.

@JolieB: So tell us, what happened Michelle?

Sandra: Can I do a copy/paste in this window?

@The-Boss-Lady: Go ahead.

Ricky called up the email that Courtney had sent and he copied the text of the message. He then pasted the text and sent the chat. It was five minutes before either girl replied.

@The-Boss-Lady: We were afraid something bad had happened. Sandra just told us that she was going to be gone for about four months. She was going for her SRS and didn’t give us any details or any way to contact her. Please do keep up with Khamchanaka. I know many health care people and a loss like that can be devastating.

Sandragurl: I will. Sandra said that you would find a way to break it to the chat room.

@The-Boss-Lady: I will, type /nick (name you want to go by) to change from Sandragurl to your nickname.

Ricky typed /nick MichelleL and hit enter. Sandragurl disappeared and MichelleL was listed.

@The-Boss-Lady: Good, now let me get the attention of the chat room and I will introduce you. Don’t do the cut paste in the open chat room. But tell them in your own words what happened to Sandragurl.

Sandragurl: Ok

@The-Boss-Lady: Alright, go ahead and close this chat window and return to the main chat room.

Ricky closed the private chat and waited for a few seconds. People were still trying to get Sandra’s attention, even after the nick changed from Sandragurl to MichelleL. The number of people in the main chat room had jumped from about eight to over twenty.

@The-Boss-Lady: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NOW HEAR THIS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The chat room went silent for several seconds.

@The-Boss-Lady: MichelleL has joined us today. No, she isn’t Sandragurl, but she brings us news about Sandragurl. Give the girl a chance to speak. We all need to hear what she is saying. I have given her voice and I am only allowing one person at a time to speak. If you have a question, PM me, requesting voice. She doesn’t have all the answers, so please be patient. She will answer what she can.

MichelleL: Hi, I am Michelle and I bring news about Sandragurl. I didn’t know Sandra before this. It was a little over a week ago that I bought, at auction, the contents of a storage locker. One of the items I recovered was this laptop. Sandra had left certain files on the desktop and asked that I do certain things for her. One of the things involved finding out what had happened with her. She had written an email to a friend in Thailand requesting her to inform me. I went ahead and sent this email and I have received a reply.

The essence of the reply was that Sandra had made it to Thailand. She spent a couple of weeks having fun with a friend she had made there, before she had gone in for surgery. Early December, she received some facial surgery and breast augmentation, and on the fifteenth, she went in for SRS.

She was recovering at the home of her friend, when things went badly. Sandra had an undiagnosed Aortic Aneurysm and during a hypertensive crisis she had, the aneurysm burst. She died in the arms of her friend. Her death wasn’t related to the surgery, except I guess, that any major surgery can be dangerous, even if routine.

She left a dairy on the laptop and asked that I read it. I am doing this. I would have loved to have known Sandra before she died. She seemed like a very nice person.

Her friend in Thailand said that she was very happy after her surgery. She had finally become the girl she had been on the inside.

That is all that I know.

Some of the people there asked questions and Ricky tried to answer as best he could. It amounted to just restating what he had already said. He put off some personal questions, where they were asking about who he was. The-Boss-Lady put her foot down on the personal questions. Clearly some of the people there didn’t want to believe what Michelle was saying, but they had no basis to their doubts.

@The-Boss-Lady: Now Michelle has no reason to be lying. What she is saying has to be true. If you look into your hearts, you have to see the truth. Sandra is gone. The best that could be said is that Sandra finally made it into the body she should have been born in. Just like many of you have done or hope to do one day.

ScreamingCindy: Sounds like something that she would do. Sandra was always a bit of a drama Queen. She read too much Le Carre, Ludlum and Ian Fleming.

BrntoBfem: Yeah, she was a Bob Lee Swagger fan too, but she was our drama queen.

CalebtoCandace: Bob Lee Swagger was just a character, Stephen Hunter was the author Fem.

MichelleL: As soon as I finish reading her diary, would you like to read it. I don’t think she would mind others knowing what her life was like.

@JolieB: That is a great idea Michelle. You could post it on one of the many TG story sites.

@The-Boss-Lady: Also Sandra was in the care of a friend in Thailand. The girl was a nurse who helped others like us, going there for surgery. How about we each write her a bit, thanking her for caring for our sister? Michelle, if I collected all these letters could you forward them for us.

MichelleL: I guess I could. That might make her feel better. Sandra’s loss really hurt her bad.

Ricky’s cell phone began to ring.

MichelleL: Afk my GF Jen will be chatting with you.

Jennifer took over the keyboard and Ricky answered his phone.

“Hi Mom,” Ricky said.

“Hi Ricky, how are you doing?”

“Good and you?”

“Comanche was a bust, I am coming home early. Where are you?”

“Jen and I are at the coffee shop on North Main.”

“Oh, is Michelle stepping out again?”

“Ah… sort of.”

“Ok, I will be there in about ten minutes.”

“Ok, bye.”

“Mom will be here in ten, Jen.”

Jennifer and Ricky chatted with the people in the chat room. The-Boss-Lady changed the TOD (topic of the day) to show that Sandra had passed away in December. Some people left the room others came in which started a new chat on Sandra.

They looked up when they heard someone call out for Michelle. Angela was scanning the shop and waved when she saw them. Michelle and Jen scooted closer together and made room for Angela.

“So what are you two up too today?” Angela asked.

“We are chatting with some of Sandra’s friends, Mrs. Crawford.” Jennifer said.

“Who is Sandra?”

“Sandra Metcalf, is the person’s name who once owned the stuff in the locker I bought, Mom.”

“So why are you chatting with her friends?”

“Well, she left some files on this laptop. I opened one that gave me some instructions to contact another friend of hers. I did and found out that Sandra had died of an Aortic Aneurysm. I was then asked to tell her friends.”

“Whoa, start again.”

Ricky felt it would be easier to show his Mom.

MicehelleL: AFK need to talk to parental unit.

@The-Boss-Lady: How old are you, sister?

MichelleL: Sixteen.

@The-Boss-Lady: Ok sweetie, if you need an alibi, I will explain and give her a chat log, if you don’t have one. We want to thank you for telling us about our sister. Hugs :-)

MichelleL: Thank you.

Logging off the chat room, Ricky then opened up the first Read me file, the email he sent, the email he received, the second Read me file, and the chat room log, his computer had made, letting his mother read them. He had changed the ‘second read’ me file the day before and indicated that the will was hidden in the camera/computer case.

“And when were you going to tell me all about this?”

“This weekend Mom. I want to take her will to her Lawyer and I would need you with me. Mom, she was all alone and had no one she could depend on. I am reading her diary right now. Her Mom and sisters ran her out of their home. She lived with her Grandmother till she died.”

“How do you know she died?” Jennifer asked.

“Because Sandra inherited most of her estate.”

“You found this will?” Angela asked.

“Yes ma’am.”

“Have you read it?”

“No ma’am, it is in a sealed envelope with a lawyer’s name on it.” Ricky said, showing it to his Mom.

“At least he is local. Let me check on him, before you go see him. I want to find out if this is legit. Ricky, I don’t watch over your shoulder all the time, because I know you are a good kid. You still need to tell me things like this, before you act. I still worry about you.”

“I know Mom, I am sorry. I just felt that this was something I needed to do.”

“I would have probably let you do it, but I would have wanted to know about this beforehand. Now, on to other business. Do you two want to go with me to Austin for an auction this weekend?”

“You bet Mom.”

“Let me call my mother, Mrs. Crawford,” Jennifer said, getting out her cell phone.

Angela talked to Lisa Singleton, Jennifer’s Mom, and assured her that she would keep both kids on a leash.

“Well, she said OK. So if we are going, we need to go shopping.”

“For what Mom?”

“I am not going to have my daughter, looking more mature than she is.”

“What?” Ricky asked.

Angela leaned closet to the kids and whispered, “Your chest is too big. This is apparently something you like doing. If that is the case, we are going to buy you some breastforms more fitting your age.

(to be continued)

up
160 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Awwww!

Unfair! It would have been so much better if Michelle's reaction to Angela's words was shown! :P

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Sounds As Though The Spy Stuff...

...may be back in play, if only in Sandra's mind, now that we know she was a fan of the genre.

Hard for me to tell whether The-Boss-Lady actually knew the Thai nurse (as opposed to knowing about her, as she clearly did), but she seemed to find the information trustworthy. After the visit to the lawyer's office, we may know whether Sandra had something else in mind besides SRS when she made her journey. (Or we may learn more about that from the diary.)

Good story so far, with the plot lines all moving forward nicely. Looking forward to more.

Eric

Thanks Paula,

ALISON

'for this great story.The acceptance of Angela of her son in his femme
role is marvellous.

ALISON

What a Lovely Mum

I think that Ricky/Michelle's Mum is a very nice lady. Bet we all wish ours had been like that, huh?

Briar

Briar

Amen to that!

But then, that is why this is called fiction.

Great story Paula, Ricky is a very special kid. Looking forward to the next episode.

Hugs
Carla Ann

wowie zowie!

laika's picture

I am loving just about everything about this story, except for the wait between chapters.
Nice to read that Sandra had the support of her grandma, the mom was so hideous.
And Michelle really seems to be blossoming in her supportive environment.
The reactions to the bad news Michelle brought to the chatroom
was touching and bittersweet and well written...
~~~hugs, laika

Dear Diary...

Andrea Lena's picture

...Another disappointing day, with no trunks of clothes anywhere to be found...Oh, well, let me stop for a sec while I thank Paula for this great story, brb, kk...Thanks, Paula!


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

The Diary chapter 4

Michelle has been blessed in helping Sandra.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine