Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 822.

Printer-friendly version
Wuthering Dormice
(aka Bike)
Part 822
by Angharad
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

I asked for a bottle of water and some peace and quiet. They warned me that they would need to give another unit of blood within three hours. I nodded and then sat down at the bedside of Henry.

I drank some water and addressed my patient. “Henry, old fruit, I have a bit of a problem–you see, I can’t marry Simon unless you give me permission. So, if I were you, I’d hurry up and wake up, unless you want to see Simon left on the shelf.” I chuckled to myself as I said this–he’d be laughing too, if he was able to.

I settled down and asked for the energy to fill me and heal Henry. I sat and concentrated for a moment, then I felt as if my whole body was buzzing–as if I had an internal wasp’s nest. I knew it was time to try and bring another decent man back to life.

“Okay, Henry, here we go. You’ll feel the energy enter your body in a few moments, when it does, look for the light and listen for my voice–I’ll try and guide you back to me–unless of course you’d prefer Simon ran the bank for you?–I thought not. Let’s get on with it.”

I held his hand, and put one of mine over the bullet wound near his shoulder. It had hit his sub-clavian artery, and it was the one they had repaired, the other had hit his chest but missed both his lungs and heart. Apparently the object of shooting someone twice, is the second shot causes a form of shock which is often fatal. It was a miracle that he had survived at all.

I felt the area under my hand, the one over the gunshot, grow very warm–uncomfortably so. It was almost as much as I could do to tolerate it. The palm of my hand felt as if it was burning and I’m sure I could see flames around it. Oops–was I doing something I didn’t oughta?

I could smell burning, and it took all of my concentration not to run away and get help, but I didn’t, I stuck it and eventually my hand cooled down and I relaxed. I became aware of my other hand, the left one which was holding his right hand, it began to grow very cold–so did I. I began to shiver and I focused on the energy, trying to take myself away from my body and its distractions.
My hand returned to normal and so did the temperature–when it was a trifle too warm, as hospitals often are.

I concentrated on the light, “Come on, Henry, make for the light and my voice. C’mon man, make it snappy.” I hoped he would take that as a joke, which was how it was intended. I drew down more light, visualising it entering through my crown and exiting through my hands into Henry, who was glowing.

I was trying to pump it up, make it impossible for him not to find me. I kept going, pulling down the light and passing it into him for some hours. Once more I could feel myself immersed in this giant ball of light, which was hurting my eyes.

I rubbed them and opened them, someone was stood in front of me–they came back into focus and I could see–it was Henry. So whose hand was I holding in the bed? I looked–it was Henry’s–duh, this wasn’t supposed to happen.

“What are you doing here?” I squeaked, my throat had gone all dry.

“You told me to come, remember?”

“I meant come back to your body”–God, these Camerons are so thick, it’s untrue–“get back into your body this minute.” He looked totally bewildered, but I needed him to recover physically, not become a ghost.

“But you told me to come to you and the light,” he protested.

“Since when have you been the expert?” I asked angrily.

“I’m not an expert, Cathy, but then neither are you.”

“Compared to you I am, now get back into your body or I shall go home and leave you here.”

“You can’t, Cathy.”

Why not?” I yelled back at him.

“Because I’ll die.”

“If you keep standing there, you will anyway.”

“I only did as you told me,” he was sobbing–or his ethereal form was, his body was still rigged up to a bank of machines, beeping away in unison. “I followed the light.” He looked at the body in the bed. “Who’s that?”

“You–who else?”

“God, I look old.”

“You’ve been shot twice and lost loads of blood.”

“Oh, that would explain it then, you had me worried for a minute.”

“Henry, will you kindly get back in your body.”

“Is it going to hurt?”

“How would I know?”

“You were setting yourself up as the expert...”

“No, I told you I had more experience of healing than you did, I’m no expert.”

“So how do I do it then?”

“I don’t know, how did you get out of it in the first place?”

“I was floating about above it in the ambulance.”

“Oh great–how do I tell Simon?”

“Tell him what?”

“To hold on to this string, his dad’s attached to it like some phantom helium balloon.” The image flitted through my mind and I had difficulty not laughing out loud.

“What am I to do, Cathy, this isn’t funny?”

“I haven’t a ghost of an idea,” I replied and started to laugh.

“Very funny, if you don’t get me back into my body, I shall haunt you until you marry Simon.”

“I didn’t get you out of it in the first place, so it’s hardly my fault, is it?”

“No but you stopped me floating off in the ambulance.”

“Do you realise why you were floating off?”

“Not really, why?”

“You died.”

He laughed, “Don’t be silly, my body’s there on the bed, I can see it breathing.”

“Unless you get back into it, that’s all it’s going to do.”

“No, I always heal quite quickly.”

“Henry, if you don’t get back into it very soon, you never will again.”

“Are you okay, Lady Cameron?” called a nurse.

“Yes, thank you,” I called back, then to Henry I hissed, “You realise you’ve got no clothes on, don’t you?” I think his ghost blushed, it’s rather hard to tell.

“I thought I could hear voices,” said the nurse as her footsteps got closer.

“Quick, get in the bed,” I pushed Henry and he fell onto his unconscious body and seemed to enter it, his body jumped and shuddered and the machines went crazy for a moment.

The nurse came in, “What’s going on here?” asked the nurse and the machines reset themselves to normal and the heart monitor beeped more regularly. “I could hear voices.”

“It was only me telling Henry to get better.”

“I thought one of them sounded like a man’s voice.”

“Maybe I got a little hoarse, I was doing quite a bit of talking.”

“Could be,” she looked at me suspiciously. “I’ll take his blood pressure and replace the transfusion.” She did as she said she would, “He’s coming along very nicely, I’ll perhaps change the dressings on his wounds.”

She began to pull off the dressing on his collar bone. “Oh!” she gasped.

“What’s the matter?” I asked wondering if she’d seen a ghost–seeing as one had been hanging around.

“The wound.”

“What about it?”

“It’s healed.”

“It has?” I looked, “It has.” I’m better at this than I thought, so stick that in your catheter, Henry Cameron.

“That is weird?”

“No, that is Henry, he’s just attention grabbing.”

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
139 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

awesome

yet another great story chapter, keep up the fab work

Typical

Only a member of the Cameron Clan would be dumb enough not to return to their body during the healing process.

Hopefully once he leaves hospital she'll tease him mercilessly :)

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Maybe now is the time

Cathy, To start accepting that maybe just maybe, You are someone just a little bit special...After all how many people do you know that can make a wound disappear just by putting their hand on it...And that's not to mention being able to talk to spirits...Like i say you are special, Not only to your family but with your gifts, Too anyone else who is fortunate enough to find you when you are most needed.

Kirri

Not to mention

... that she has the ability to command spirits to a certain degree. When was the last time you saw a flesh and blood human being able to see and TOUCH ethereal beings ?

*Man*

Kim

Cathy Does It Again! :)

Who else can successfully do what she did in this chapter? It just proves one thing, sonly Cathy knows how to deal with a Cameron.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Laughing...

thanks. Guess she has lots of practice with Simon and Stella.

Thankfully the nurse did not

Thankfully the nurse did not see Cathy and the light nor see Henry in his all together. This would have gotten around the hospital faster than you could turn on a light switch.
Cathy now seems to understand that she does have a very special gift and she needs to use it on people who are in physical need of it. Jan

I love Cathy's "Bedside Manner"

"“Quick, get in the bed,” I pushed Henry and he fell onto his unconscious body and seemed to enter it, his body jumped and shuddered and the machines went crazy for a moment."

Interesting that she could push his spirit or whatever it was she was talking to. Enjoyed the dialog in this one too.

The Lost Halloween Episode

This episode would have been PERFECT for Halloween!

So... ummm... how much longer are we going to be wallowing around in magical healing incidents before getting back to the main story line? I mean, it's cute and all that, but there's a bunch of other characters in this story, a semi-torrid romance, several houses, children to school, adopt, protect and nurture, a BBC film career, mammals to survey, a university chair to win, a planet to save, and a little church just waiting for a special wedding. And, as long as I'm whining, can we PLEASE be done with the bloody Russian mobster types? They've served whatever dramatic purpose they were going to. It's time to move on.

WHICH main story line?

Let's see, there is " . . . a semi-torrid romance, several houses, children to school, adopt, protect and nurture, a BBC film career, mammals to survey, a university chair to win, a planet to save, and a little church just waiting for a special wedding." And something about bike riding, as I recall. ;-) Ee-nee, me-nee, mi-nee mo . . . which direction is she gonna go! :-)

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

In Angharad's defense

... Nobody expects the Russian Mafia ya know :).

Kim

No, no you've got it all wrong ...

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion!

Know your Monty Python.

I wonder, if Cathy can heal severe wounds as it they were never there and bring people back form the very reecntly or maybe not-quite-dead, what's to say that with the right template, say Stella, she could make herself and her TG child whole?

Those Cameron men and women are soooooooo stuborn, Cathy will fit right in.

Wonder who the assailant was? A Russian not called off in time? Someone distroyed in the financial turndown who blames the banks? A cat hatter?

John in Wauwatosa back from a teeth clening and x-rays at the dentist.

John in Wauwatosa

Assassin

Wonder who the assailant was? A Russian not called off in time? Someone distroyed in the financial turndown who blames the banks? A cat hatter?

I know I am a few years late on this one, but Simon answers that one, in 820.

“What happened to the car?” I asked after giving two quick breaths.

“It hit some fool on a motorbike, killed him.”

“Anyone I know?”

“The guy you stuck in a dress, I think.”

“Damn, I’m sorry, we should have turned him in.”

Hot and Cold!

Just like Cathy's soap opera life, she gets burning hot and then cold during this episode of healing. She is a perfect complement for a Cameron.

Please continue the story line involving " . . . a semi-torrid romance, several houses, children to school, adopt, protect and nurture, a BBC film career, mammals to survey, a university chair to win, a planet to save, and a little church just waiting for a special wedding." Maybe you can add a few new twists. It seem Cathy just doesn't have enough going on in her life. Hopefully, when Henry walks out of the hospital healed in the next episode, Cathy will meet with the Preacher woman and get the wedding going. I hope he remembers his out of body experience and talk with Cathy.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

When we take God for granted.

Cathy had momentarily fallen for the trap that it is "we" who does the work of God and not God. Any good thing that comes out of our lives is from God. We can not do it without him.

I am just amazed at how an athiest could have written it so well.

I know that there are many non believers here, and I respect your position. I just wanted to say how I felt about it.

Many Blessings

Gwen

I'm on Gwen's Side

though she said it much better than I could have. And, in case, it's not clear, I, too, am a believer in God and Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit.

At the same time, though, I'm not a strong believer in miracles in the sense of supernatural occurrences. They HAVE been documented but they are pretty rare, eh?

So this story has suddently got a tad over the wall for me. Still, I intend to hang in there. (Something about "willing suspension of disbelief".)

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Attention grabbing!

I loved it! Thanks for the light ending to the episode.

So, you're going to have Cathy pushing Henry around? Wonder if he'll remember... LOL

Thanks,
Annette

Cathy

Bet she writes it off as a hallucination, and the doctors were mistaken. Fact is, she has compartmentalized everything in her mind, the way many spies do. She knows she has the power to heal, but will deny it is mystical in any way (even with Henry's spirit standing in front of her).

Just proves she is human.

Out of body

Ang, where are you taking us ? this is becoming the 'Outer Limits'.
Now you have Henry as a ghost, is this becoming the Scottish play ?

Cefin