Total Recall 17

Printer-friendly version
Friday afternoon, and the salon is busy. Karen is ready. Jenny has a plan. And tonight will be the night they make wonderful music together.
Total Recall
Chapter 17

by WannabeGinger


 
 
Chapter 17 (remember, there was no ch.13!)

“Colour Touch 77/45… that’s what you want, isn’t it?” Jenny held the swatch of hair in the shade chart up to the bright salon light……. How did she know??....... It was stunning…… On anyone else…… But myself???! Karen thought for a moment… and then remembered……..

“Oh, yes, please!!” That was the right response…… even though she couldn’t work out how this would work! It’s Friday and my wife returns home on Sunday…… How one earth…?

“Don’t be concerned…. You’re going to be stunning all through tonight and tomorrow. We’ll sort you out for Sunday, if you want…… when we get to Sunday..” Jenny whispered quietly in Karen’s ear. She was obviously aware of Karen’s likely reaction before making the stunning proposal.

“Yes” was the right answer. Expected. Karen would be a stunning redhead tonight and tomorrow, all in her own hair. OK it wasn’t long enough to make a truly beautiful style, but the colour would compensate for that. Jenny looked at Karen and thought to herself… I can’t wait to get you into bed you beautiful woman!

She whispered as much in Karen’s ear — again being unheard by the other clients in the salon. The blonde who had emerged from shampooing was seated next to Karen. As Jenny went away to mix the colours for Karen’s treatment, the other client looked at her.

“Have you been coming to Jenny’s for long? I have, myself. It’s lovely to find someone who can almost read your mind when it comes to your hair, isn’t it? I mean, when she persuaded me to try being a blonde, I’d never even imagined…. And that was two years ago! And I’ve been all sorts of blonde since then…. I come back every two weeks because I can’t stand my roots showing and with long blonde hair, they shout if they’re not dealt with, don’t they? I mean… how often do you have to have a colour?……..”

Finally, she stopped…. Karen didn’t know what to say…. “Er…. Every couple of…. No….. well, you see, I’ve been using temporary shades until now and changed them every few days. Jenny’s been wonderful…. Now she’s persuaded me to have a change.. so I’m not sure how long this will last….” Girl talk… Karen.. or rather, Andy, thought. Wonderful…… it’s all about completing the illusion that I’m living in ……… just for a few days, this is heaven……… but what about Sunday……What about a certain person’s home-coming…… She can’t come home and find me like I am…… still less with my hair permanently coloured……… What the hell am I getting into…… or got into? I’m not sure if I can handle this……

Jenny returned with her pots and brushes………… And he had said “Yes, please!”

“Are you ready?” she asked, expecting the required correct answer……

“Yes…. But…” Karen’s voice was faltering….

“No Buts! You said this was exactly what you wanted…….!”

The blonde looked aside at Karen….. unable not to hear the exchange……

“You go for it girl!....” she exclaimed to the “fifty-something” woman next to her; for that was how she saw Karen…. As a fifty-something woman, having her hair coloured, permanently, for the first time in years. “……Whatever Jenny says is right for you!” she went on.

Karen was unable to answer — either the blonde or Jenny. She was caught with the acceptance she had promised to give. She was going to be a redhead, a stunning redhead, and she didn’t know how she was going to stop being a stunning redhead by Sunday night… when her wife arrived home!

“OK, but nothing, Jenny, I’m going to love what you do, I’m sure…… So, again, YES, please!”
Karen saw no option but to pitch in and enjoy the whole process. She would worry about the outcome when Sunday came around. There was a lot of time between now and then…. A lot of time with her and Jenny sharing time together!

*********

The colour was applied first to Karen’s roots, though her hair was, to all effects, uncoloured. It was done there first because the roots are more resistant to colouring products, so need more time. The ends of his hair were then plastered in the same thick, brightly coloured purple mousse-like stuff as Andy sat transfixed by what was going on. He looked in the mirror, seeing the surroundings of the salon. Seeing the hustle and bustle going on. The blonde was being finished off beside her, her hair being styled in a glorious ‘updo’ for an evening on the town. Karen was jealous, not necessarily of the colour, though the blonde was a lovely pastel shade, but rather of the length of the hair. So easy if you have such long hair!

Rollers were being unwound on a third customer who would be styled by Jenny while karen’s colour developed. At the same time, the Manicurist from the little Beauty salon next door arrived to take care of Karen’s nails — both her feet and her hands needed a full session!

He was moved to a separate chair near the door from where he could see all of what was going on while his nails were done. The blonde was leaving now and said a suitably girly comment to Karen as she left the salon.

“You only have one life, lovely…. Let’s live ours to the full!”

Karen thought a lot about that as she sat back and enjoyed the attentions to her feet and hands. Her underwear was soft and, although her outer clothes were rather ordinary, sitting there, she felt especially feminine…… More feminine than almost ever before…… well, when outside the bedroom… After all, she had felt totally female when she and Jenny had been making love the last few days…… And Jenny was treating her just like a female friend all through their times alone together…….. But somehow, here in the salon, surrounded by other women, it was…… Yes! Other women… THAT summed her feelings up. She felt she was a woman among women!

Jenny’s magic was working. She was ensuring that Andy would never want to leave this arena!

*********

When Karen’s hair had the rinsing of the colour done, Jenny knew that the colour would be just as she had hoped. No need for highlights… the colour will have its own shades of light and dark auburn. Karen would be her creation!

Jenny finished off two women whose hair had been roller-set for the weekend. It didn’t take her long and the women went away delighted, primped, back-combed and sprayed heavily to fix their slightly dated styles. Jenny was used to doing these sorts of styles — in a country area like this, women do get ‘stuck in a rut’ when it comes to their hairstyles. It was for that reason that Karen’s hair had been such fun to play with and make changes in!

With her nails done, and her feet massaged as well, Karen was feeling totally relaxed. The concerns she had been feeling earlier were pushed into a corner of her mind. Not excluded, but submerged. They might return but, for now, Karen was in heaven.

She was moved from the shampoo basin to the styling chair where her colour had been applied.

“You won’t appreciate the true colour if I show it to you as it’s wet, so forgive me if I cover the mirror while we roll your hair and get it set., OK?” Jenny was in control.

“Yes, that’s fine….” was the correct response!....... even though Karen was near bursting with curiosity to find out how she would look!

“You’ll see it all soon enough, once the dryer has done its work.” Jenny said in a matter-of-fact way. “I’m sure you’ll love the look I’m hoping to create…..”

Karen nevertheless strained her eyes to make a view of her hair possible, by looking sideways into other mirrors around the room but, even in a small salon, like this, she was defeated. She couldn’t see! Damn!

All Andy could do was feel the rollers going into her hair, each one tighter than the last. The dome-shaped hairdryer was lowered over his head with soft words from Jenny that sounded like “We’re going to fuck eachother senseless when we get home…” but Karen couldn’t be sure she heard right!

The drying time was quite long and the manicurist finished off Karen’s beautiful nails — she had never had nails done like this before — the riotous red talons being coated with a high gloss lacquer. During this time, the salon had begun to empty. Three hours had simply flown by, with all the processes and attentions devoted to her, Karen was almost in a dream.

Yet her clothing was now a little at odds with her general looks; her beautiful nails, her soon-to-be-finished coiffure, and her soon-to be made-up face………. She couldn’t wait to get home to change into more feminine clothes and engage with her lover. The wonderful Jenny!

Soon enough, her nails dry, Karen was relieved from the rushing sounds of hot air around her head and the dryer was lifted, leaving her facing a now-uncovered mirror. Karen looked long and hard into her own reflections. There was Andy there, just about visible, but this was an attractive fifty-something woman, whose hair was tightly rolled and encased in a hair net.

“We’ll do your make-up before we finish your hair. OK?!” said Jenny.

“Oh, YES, please!....” was Karen’s correct reply.

Sitting in her everyday clothes, all greys and browns, Karen watched herself transformed into a glamour puss, albeit one in almost dowdy clothes. All the more she wanted to get to Jenny’s home to change!

The delightful young lady from the nail and beauty salon next door took over, allowing Jenny to concentrate on finishing off her remaining clients at the next styling chair. Karen studied their styles as they developed, just loving the feeling of being here among all this femininity!

Hazel, the girl from next door, had a faultless complexion and very attractive eyes, subtly made-up and girly. She had a friendly way of conversing that kept Karen at ease with her forthcoming transformation.

“So, you’re going out for a special dinner, are you? That’ll be nice.” Hazel said.

Yes, that’s right, but I’ve no idea where I’m being taken.” Karen replied.

“More of a surprise and more excitement then! How lovely. Friday night’s always a good night to go out on the town! I just love it, especially if there’s music and dancing!” Hazel enthused. “Let me help by making you look very special indeed then!”

Hazel got to work with her palette of colours, crá¨mes and powders, pencils and sticks. Bliss! Especially if you don’t have to do it all yourself and worry about getting it right! Karen mused.

She was very glad she had shaved so very closely and carefully before setting out for the salon. Close up, it would be obvious to Hazel that she was not all she seemed, but nothing would be, or was, said!

Foundation hid the flaws in her skin, blusher made her face glow imperceptibly and an eyebrow pencil defined the outline of her visage. Mascara, lashings of it, darkened her eyes and imparted mystery and bright blue/green eyeliner and shadow gave an assertiveness she had lacked before. Finally, lipstick, …..in a chosen shade she had used with Jenny for sex, ….completed the look — the look of a sophisticated fifty-something woman who was ‘out on the pull’ tonight!

Jenny returned just as Karen had been invited to look closely at Hazel’s handiwork. She expressed great approval by saying “You are a star, Hazel! A star! Such a wonderful job you’ve done!”

Jenny had to agree. She herself could do make-up passably but, in this situation, she would be an amateur. Karen wouldn’t have looked half as sexy as she was now doing, there in the styling chair, all perfectly made-up, with only the tightly-rolled curls to be set free and a style created from them. That’s my job! ….thought Jenny. Oh! I do love my work!

“Your hair’s the perfect length for a style I’ve remembered from the Sixties…. You’ve probably never heard of it but it’s a stunner for girls with hair your length, and with the colour you’ve got in there, it will be superb!” Jenny rambled on, modestly. “If I say so myself, I’m a bit of an expert where this is concerned…… You see, your hair’s just the right length on top for this, for the curls to be teased up and out to give height, and then the sides and back are shorter but they create a — and she whispered — “a ‘come and fuck me’ look” that demands your lover runs her hands through all your curls, ….and maybe tugs them a little to show who’s in charge… get me???”

“Oh yes indeed,…. YES please!” Karen breathed the right reply.

She watched as the rollers were undone… savouring every one as the tension was released and the curls sprang. She loved this part just as much as the winding of the hair on to the rollers and the increasing tightness that meant she was helpless in the stylist’s hands. Better than chocolate ice cream, she thought!

The curls created a style all of their own, without any intervention from Jenny and Karen adored to look just as it was. Jenny, however, knew better and began the careful and at times forceful back-combing of the curls on Karen’s crown. The resulting height didn’t lose the structure of the curls which were still visible as Karen smoothed to outline over and sprayed serum through her creation.

She then turned to the curls around the sides and back of Karen’s head, where Karen couldn’t see. Each curl had come from a smaller roller and so was tighter, even though the length was only a little less than at the crown. This gave a lot of curls for Jenny to work with and she swept the sides in an upward direction — just as the Gypsy look demanded. She stretched out the curls around the nape of Karen’s neck and the job was done.

Jenny stood behind Karen and they both looked in the mirror. Jenny smiled. She was delighted.

Karen also smiled, but she was looking at Jenny more than herself. She was in love. For sure.

“We’re going home to get changed, then I’m taking you to a wonderful little place that does great food but also has jazz evenings to entertain couples like us…….. Does that sound like a good idea???” Jenny asked.

“Oh! YESSSSS, please!! Karen replied………….. correctly!

DINNER, JAZZ, SEX……. AND A CONUNDRUM FOR KAREN…… SUNDAY????!!!!

CHAPTER 18 AWAITS!

up
29 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hard to imagine something so frightening....

Andrea Lena's picture

....What about a certain person’s home-coming…… She can’t come home and find me like I am……...as a day of the week? I'm anxious, thrilled, and scared all at the same time. Wonderful tale...I think I've really started to identify with Karen, yes?

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I agree

ALISON
'with Andrea!!I just love this story!! Love and hugs,
ALISON

ALISON

How can I...

...agree with you two???!!! I've been following this wonderful tale since Ginger began it. Good luck Ginger on your procedure and I hope you get well sooner than soon. :)

The Brat

you have!!! (identified with her!)

I just love the piccie, Drea! Your best yet and I love it! Whatever is your source for these??? Brilliant! G. xx

A girl never tells....

Andrea Lena's picture

...unless someone nice asks sweetly like you. MyWebface.com. Almost all of my pics look like either an aunt or my mom with a little Sicilian mixed in from my dad's side.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena