Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 797.

Printer-friendly version
Wuthering Dormice
(aka Bike)
Part 797
by Angharad
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

“How did you know I’d come?”

“My invitation was irresistible.”

“Think a lot of yourself, don’t you?”

“I have to, otherwise this business would kill me.”

“It might anyway.”

“Not if I can help it.”

“How do we get my family back safely?”

“That’s a tricky one.”

“I’m well aware of that, but you’re supposed to be the expert.”

“That is so true.”

“Did you follow me here?” I asked wondering if they saw me purchase the knives.

“No, we put a tracker on your car.”

“How did you know I’d come up here?”

“I didn’t, but from here I’d be able to see you approach the house, and it did occur to me you might come to reconnoitre.”

“I was praying for inspiration.”

“You found him.” Bill’s manner was irritating to say the least.

“I think I prefer James Bond.”

“The ladies always do, it’s a real travesty of justice.”

“I don’t know how you could let them kill four coppers and do nothing.”

“Sacrifices, sometimes there are sacrifices.”

“How do I know I’m not lined up as your next one?”

“You don’t.”

“For all I know, you could be one of them.”

“I could show you my ID.”

“I could show you my belly button but it wouldn’t mean anything, would it?”

“It’s probably more interesting than my ID. Are you sure you used to be a boy, you are such an attractive female.”

“If I tell you, I’ll have to kill you.”

“Oh very droll, Miss Watts, yes very good.”

“I might not be joking.”

“I think you’ll find it harder to do than it looks – even with the knife shoved down your trousers.”

“Maybe,” I shrugged – I didn’t trust him any further than I could throw him.

“So do we wait until nightfall, or what?”

“They have infra-red, not much point is there.”

“Except they’ll be more tired.”

“So will we,” I was tired now and it was only lunch time.

“We could go and rest up a little until after dark.”

“I think not.”

“Suit yourself,” he said casually.

“I will, Bill – hey that rhymes, nearly as good as kill Bill.”

“Fancy yourself as Uma Thurman, do you?”

“Not really.”

“Pity, you’re actually better looking.”

“I hope you don’t have a gun,” I said.

“Why?”

“With your defective vision, you could be dangerous.”

“Very funny, Cathy, yes very good. I’m entitled to my opinion, and I think you’re prettier.”

“We’ll have to agree to differ, then.”

“Have you always had a problem with compliments?”

This man was driving me nuts, much more and I would kill him. “What’s it to you?”

“Defensive behaviour, eh? Must be getting warm.”

“I’m not sticking around while you play mind games.”

“I’m a spook, it’s what we do.”

“Not with me you don’t. Goodbye.”

“Don’t you want to know where your family are?”

“I presume in my house.”

“It’s dangerous to assume.”

“Is it? I assume you’re a right pig – haven’t been wrong yet.”

“Touché, you’re a bit too aggressive at times, did you know?”

“You ain’t seen anything yet.”

“God, I’ll bet you’re beautiful when you’re angry.”

“I have killed someone, don’t push me to repeat the experience.”

“Yes I know, Cathy. I know all about you.”

“And I know nothing about you, do I?”

“What would you like to know?”

“Where are they holding my family?”

“You know, I’ve just forgotten.”

“You are a total shit, Bill. Yes Bill-shit, I like that.” I turned and he called something else but I ignored him. Given a chance, I’d beat him senseless and I suspect he’d do the same to me.

I walked back to my car and looked all over it, trying to find the tracking device. Eventually I found it under the bonnet, but kept looking in case there was a second. There was, under the tail gate. I stuck them on two different cars and drove off on to the Downs, to think and plan.

I ate a sandwich and drank some water, then went for it. I drove back to near my house and parked up near the back of the house. Bill could watch all he liked, he wouldn’t see anything from up there.

My plan was really very simple, across the garden of the house behind mine. Over the wall and hide behind the garden shed. Actually, there’s a loose panel at the back of the shed, I can remove and sneak inside and watch them from inside it. There’s a small knot hole in the door I can spy through and I can pick the lock from the inside quite easily.

It seemed as good a plan as I was going to make – it also gave me room for a tactical withdrawal if the odds were too overwhelming. I wasn’t the stuff of suicide bombers.

I made it across the garden and to my wall. I peeped over the top and I couldn’t see anyone watching me. I hopped over the wall and ran to the back of the shed. Using my Swiss Army knife, I pried off the loose panel and stepped into the shed carefully avoiding the lawn mower. Then I pushed the panel back into place. The whole manoeuvre had only taken me three or four minutes.

The knot hole had been filled, then I remembered having done it back in the summer. More operations for my penknife and the hole was available for my voyeuristic intentions.

I peered through the hole for nearly ten minutes – my back was aching through bending down to look. I couldn’t see anything in terms of movement. Were they still there or was it a simply a trap? I cleared the stuff off a large wooden box and sat myself down to wait.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Slightly more positive

Bill doesn't appear to be very smart, considering all the intelligence he's got his hands on...
I suppose he thought Cathy would find the one tracker then give up.
Now at least she's able to perform surveillance without him breathing down her neck.

Although we'll probably have to wait until Saturday (part 800) for the rescue itself...

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Ah, but . . .

What if there were THREE trackers? It occurs to me that Cathy may be playing the part of diversion for Bill and whoever. The police could be trying to track her down, hoping she'll lead them to the kidnappers/killers. But Bill may have underestimated the abilities Cathy brings to her work. He wouldn't be the first to have done so.

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Bill

And the bad guys have underestimated Cathy badly, a common mistake. Bet they try recruiting her after this is over. I haven't peeked, honest.

Only Bill?

The life expectancy of someone who underestimates Cathy is not very long when her family is at stake. Bill does not seem the sharpest tack in the box. He only spotted one of the knives she had, not both. Then he teased Cathy about the location of her family. Where's the special weapons assault team for executing a rescue? MI5 also would have infrared equipment to scan the house and also night vision equipment. If they do believe the family is at the house, they'll need it.

I expect, if her family is at her house, then the villains would have sent silent trip alarms for warning. Why would they bring her family to a place where she knows the layout? A defender wants to know the layout and have the attacker be unfamiliar with it. Gives the defender the edge. She's already used her knowledge to gain an observation point. Since this is where she grew up, she knows all the options.

Eagerly awaiting the next few installments to find out what is really happening?

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

The plot thickens,

Is Bill on the same side as Cathy? Have the Russians really got Cathys family? Is there going to be an unforseen twist? Is Angharad going to make us wait until episode 800?.....All will be revealed soon!!!....I hope!!!

Kirri

What If Bill

Is a member of another group that is playing the M15, Russians, against each other? Simon was heading to China before, What if Bill is working for China, the Italian Mafia, or even the American Mafia? Or even the C.I.A.?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Why was that not ...

Surprising... That Cathy and Bill hit it off so well!

I do wonder what you have planned for us poor sods. So many possibilities. I just hope we don't see a Lion! That'd be just too much of a coincidence. LOL

Thanks so much for this,
Annette

Diana Rigg, eat your heart out

Where does a normal person come up with dialog like this? "I'll show you my navel"
This pitter patter is wonderful.
(aren't most people prettier than Uma ?)

Cefin