Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 748.

Printer-friendly version
Wuthering Dormice
(aka Bike)
Part 748
by Angharad
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

When I got home, after dinner, story time and beddy-byes for little girls, I called Simon. I said loudly, “Good Morning, Vietnam!” and I could hear him wince at the other end.

“I haven’t gone yet,” he sighed.

“I’m practising,” I laughed back at him.

“Oh, at what, becoming an audio hazard or a fog horn?”

“Gee thanks, Si, I was trying to cheer you up.”

“I wasn’t aware I was down until you phoned.”

“Hmm, does that mean you weren’t aware before … oh sod it … do you want me to ring off?”

“Not at all, so how has your day been?”

“I went to see Marguerite, the priest lady or should that be lady priest?”

“The one you want to marry you?”

“She’s already married, but I’d like her to marry us.”

“Wouldn’t that be bigamy?”

“If she married both of us, is there such an offence as trigamy?”

“Only in correct usage of the English language. It sounds like something Euclid did.”

“I suppose he’d have an angle on it,” I snapped back trying to prove I knew an ancient Greek or two as well.

“Good old Isosceles,” said Simon.

“That’s a type of triangle, isn’t it?”

“Well, it would be with Margaret….”

“Marguerite,” I interjected.

“Okay, with Marguerite, you an’ me; or on the other hand, Marg – a –whatever, her hubby an’ you.”

“I couldn’t handle a triangle,” I sighed, “preferred the castanets.”

“I thought that’s what they did to tom cats, or is it fishermen?”

“Yep, Spanish fishermen, dey cast-a-nets, ole. I’ve never seen tom cats do it, but they could I suppose, some look quite intelligent and fairly dextrous.”

“Cathy, what are you talking about? Dextrous moggies? Does that mean they’re on drips or something?”

“Drips? Oh dextrose? Very good Simon, for a drip that was clever.”

“Hoy, I resemble that.”

“Yes, I know,” I sniggered down the phone.

“So, tell me what happened with wossername?”

“Who? Isosceles?”

“No the woman vicar, or is she a rectum?”

“I beg your pudding?”

“Rector–that’s the word, made an arse of myself didn’t I?”

“Simon, have you been snorting something?”

“How’d ya guess? Couldn’t get coke had to use Pepsi, it’s messy and the straw hurts up one’s nose.” At this I fell about laughing and nearly dropped the phone.

“There we are, that’s what a loony looks like,” said Stella as she walked past carrying Puddin’.

“Just look in the mirror, missus,” I called back.

“I’m not a missus,” complained Simon.”

“Not you, I was talking at your father’s other idiot offspring.”

“Oh Stella, how did I guess that – hang on, waddyamean, other idiot offspring?”

“Oh, did I say that?” I sniggered, this conversation was getting sillier.

“Yes you bloody well did.”

“Oh well, if you say so, I must have done.”

“I’m waiting,” he said.

“Doesn’t your father pay you enough?”

“What?”

“Wel,l if you’re having to wait on tables in the evenings, he can’t be.”

“I’m saving for my first divorce, it’ll be a bitch, I’m sure of it, smart aleck woman will give me hell. So, I need all the money I can get.”

How could I top that one? Not without it getting very silly. “You could always talk to her nicely, I hear she’s a sucker for sweet nothings.”

“If she divorces me, it won’t be sweet nothings she’ll be after.”

“Haven’t you got to get married first?”

“Someone told me it’s cheaper if you do it before the wedding.”

“It probably is.”

“So what did you talk about with thingamyjig?”

“Oh this and that, the cost of postage in Timbuctoo, you know, like you do?”

“What is the cost of postage in Timbuctoo?”

“Neither of us knew, so we missed an opportunity to learn something.”

“Yes, I can see that, anything else?”

“The importance of Christianity in Gengis Khan’s foreign policy statements.”

“I thought he was a Mongol?”

“I hope you’re not implying he had Down’s syndrome?”

“I’m not, I’m merely stating that he wasn’t Christian, so its importance was minimal.”

“Yes, that’s what we discovered, you are so clever, Simon.”

“Cathy, why are you taking the urine?”

“What do you mean?” I had difficulty speaking I was laughing so much.

“You know damn well what I mean.”

“Okay,” I said getting hiccups from laughing.

“Have you been drinking, woman?”

“Me, how dare you? I’m a good girl I am.”

“Since when?”

“I had confession today.”

“Confession – of what?”

“That I didn’t want to marry you – just yet.”

“And?”

“That was it, Marguerite said she was busy for the next ten years and to come back then.”

“She didn’t, did she?”

“No, course not.”

“So what did she say?”

“Come back when we’re ready.”

“Really?”

“Do you think I’d joke about something that important?”

“Duh!"

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Valuable lesson

I learned a valuable lesson reading "Easy" today. Do not sit at your computer eating ravioli while reading the newest chapter. Now I've got to pop off and put this blouse to soaking before the stain sets. :-(

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

So i'm not the

only one.....With me it was ice cream all down my top, You soon lose your sense of humour when that happens!!!!

kirri

I had cottage pie

Fortunately it wasn't made with real cottage, that's murder on the teeth.

I've read EAFOAB and had my daily chortle. Now see what you've done, Angharad; I need to go and refill my wine glass now.

And it's only ten past eleven - at night. (sigh)

Susie

I manage…

…the filling of cottage pie, but I find it’s the thatch that’s the problem—too much roughage. :)

Gabi.

“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Not to mention a bad case of shingles ...

or thatch depending on the construction of the cottage.

Very silly stuff, Ang.

karen, switch to something less staining next time toy read AEAFOAB.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Does anybody know how to get coffee stains out

John in Wauwatosa

Definition of ROFL...

...the expected reaction to reading a typical light-hearted conversation between any two of: Simon, Stella, Cathy (particularly the two combinations involving Simon).

And if this story's still going in a few years time, no doubt Trish and Lizzie will be attempting (in a much more limited way) to emulate SS&C...
And if it's still going a few years after that, Mima and Puddin' will be joining in the chaos...

Any social worker checking up on the family then would undoubtedly leave the house completely and utterly perplexed :)
"Child's needs: Health: Risk of vocal damage due to excessive laughter." (Duplicated across the records of all four children.)

Mind you, we think these characters have a weird / random / bizarre sense of humour. What about she who puts the words into their mouths? :)

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Nuffin'

Angharad's picture

to do wiv me guv!

Angharad :)

Angharad

OK, Angharad, Just Who Wrote This

Comedy of aa farce? You or Bonzi? I think that your readers ned to know who to thank for this bit of insanity. But I wonder what Simom will say next?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Don't forget...

...there's a new cat on the block. So far, Angharad hasn't enlightened us as to Izzy's literary talents, but if they're anywhere near as developed as Bonzi's...

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I blame it all on the pussy

and you can interpret that any way you like!

Susie

I couldn't survivie....

that kinda repartee very long... I'd fall apart. I hope the kids aren't contaminated by what they hear, but I know better... Another generation being trained to poke holes in others, until they fall apart. *sighs*

At least Cathy managed, at the very end, to pass on the message to Simon. Was afraid she'd ring off, and only then realize she'd forgotten to tell him.

Thanks for more of this mess. :-) (Mess as in events all messed up and nothing quite what is expected - not as in trash!)
Annette

I'm wondering if Simon

I'm wondering if Simon comments, as he hangs up the phone, that his head hurts after he talks with Cathy. She is very good at running circles around him when she decides to do so. Janice Lynn

I'm glad I wasn't eating or drinking...

While I was reading this chapter, or it would likely have been all over myself and the keyboard and monitor. I hope other peoples' clothing got sorted out after their accidents resulting from this chapter.

Excellent chapter, Angharad, I'm catching up bit by bit, I've managed to read about a quarter of the tale so far.