Terri's Vengeance-5

Printer-friendly version
Terri's Vengeance
Chapter 5

By Stanman63

Edited By Nora Adrienne

Terri visits the graves for the fist time as a woman and tries to close off the past, but the love is too strong. Back home, she meets with the others to finalize the plan against Delano, but in meeting him, she feels his charms and returns to the graves to reaffirm her identity. While there, she meets with two who need closure with their past, and a new life away from Delano.

 
Sandy and I headed for the graves after we changed into appropriate dresses. We both wore sundresses with a wide brimmed hat, matching sandals and hose. Just as we got there, I saw Delano slither out of his SUV limo and stand arrogantly before the graves. We heard him boast to them about his triumphs.

"Joan and Maggie White, how apropos is your last name. Your husband had won several million dollars from me for killing you with my SUV. Well, that's a very small price to pay to keep the Shadow at bay. It’s too bad because now I am ready for it. By paying off your husband, I have stopped the Shadow from returning and finding out that I have my own shadows in my employ now. It was simple to see that the Shadow was a ninja, or samurai warrior. Finding a few willing to enter my employ was child's play. Now with them, I shall take the city as my own. And when the city is mine, you’re coming up and will be put in a pauper's grave. This here will make a great golf course. I hope you enjoy the move," he chuckled as he was pelted by the cardinal, blue jay, and dove until he escaped into the limo.

Sandy and I held our laughter until he was out of sight, blowing his tires upon the speed breakers at the entrance, "Thanks, Y'all! He deserved that and so much more," I said as we stepped out into view.

The birds seemed to chirp in laughter as they cavorted around in displays of aerial acrobatics before settling down, "They knew what they were doing," giggled Sandy.

As I stepped forward and held out my finger, the cardinal landed there," Joan, this is the new me. I am your sister Terri, now, perhaps forever. I don't know. All that I do know is that I must do this for me. My soul burns with a fire that can not be quenched until justice is served. That is why I have neglected to come here. But now, I can not kill him as I wanted to do at first, even if he wants to disinter you and Maggie. I love you, Joan, but I may find another. But you are my first love, never doubt that."

The cardinal kissed me on the cheek, and I saw a single tear formed that became a phoenix and flew away to Heaven. A phoenix was the mythical bird that arose from its ashes to begin life anew. Was I the phoenix? Was the city the phoenix? Was my adopted family the phoenix? I knew not the answer, but I was at Peace about it. It was the Peace that surpasses all Understanding, for it was from Heaven.

The cardinal flew to Sandy, and lit upon her finger, "Joan, Sandy here. As I've said before, Terry and I have made Love. It was beautiful, and taught me that I was worthy of being loved. Before, I believed that all that I was good for was to be a whore, satisfying a man's lust. But Terry brought me away from that life and treated me with love and understanding. If he had asked for sex, I'd have gladly given it to him, but we waited until the time was right. Yes, I Love him, like a sister now that he is a woman, and I am now pregnant by him. The child will know of Terri's Love. Please accept the child as Maggie's sibling."

The cardinal rubbed its head against her cheek, and kissed her nose before it flew back as the blue Jay landed on my finger. I patted it and it chirped happily to convey its pleasure to me. So like Maggie who loved to snuggle and have her back gently scratched.

"Maggie, I am Daddy. I know that I look like Momma, but I need to. I wanted to show you the new me before I went to spank the man who hurt you. But I can not be Daddy again. Can you Love me as your second Mommy?"

The blue jay rubbed my cheek and looked at Sandy, "Yes, Sandy is now your sister, and her son, your brother. Please welcome her to the family."

Both birds flew around Sandy chirping happily, and then led us to the knothole where my framed picture rested along with Joan's birthstone ring. It had a stone for each of us and one for our anniversary. The cardinal placed a heart shaped acorn in my hand, then they flew back to the tombstone. I took their gift and was able to attach a silver necklace to it and wear it over my heart where it felt alive, not inert.

"Thank you Maggie for accepting me and Randy. Before, I was alone in the world. Now, I am a part of a family."

The three birds flew up and out of sight, as if going to Heaven, Sandy and I went to Lookout Mountain, a local hill that gave a view of the entire state. It was a part of a State Park, inviolate of Delano's evil. Ranger Carl was an uncorrupted Park Range that did not fear Delano, being from a long line of veterans who went into the police force. He had an army of veterans that were as pure as he was, and they too defied Delano, keeping a check upon his evil.

Sitting in an out door cafe, sipping a mint julep, Sandy and I soaked in the majestic beauty of Nature. Here was a reminder that there were those more powerful than Delano, that God cared for us. I had forgotten about God's Love for me in my quest for vengeance, and here He was, giving me a gentle reminder. Because here were the three birds with us, cavorting around in the air with other wild birds. Soaring majestically overhead was a bald eagle, keeping watch over its domain. It had a nest built over the cafe and waited until a meal had been left to dine upon it.

"I forgot that there is such beauty, raising my son, Randy. Thank you for caring, Terri," she sighed in a luxurious stretch.

I smiled as I saw the eagle land on me and leave a feather, "Me too. Here, I sense God's Love for me like I used to. Seeing Joan and Maggie helped me to admit that I had lost touch with Him. He simply reminded me of Him just now."

"And without your influence, I'd never have found Him. So, in a way, your my mother," she giggled.

I sighed in humility, "Please, Sandy. Go to Sally for your questions. I don't have your answer."

She smiled, "Oh, I am, along with Mandy and Kandi. It's called the Terri White class," she giggled as the eagle flew away.

"I am honored to be so highly thought of."

We stayed there until dark to see the sunset behind the mountains, light the sky in a glory of color that had no equal in Man's world. The endless dance of the heavens was reflected in the lake below where trout and bass abounded. Before leaving, I loaded up Herbie with enough fish and game purchased at the store below the Lookout Cafe to fill our freezers. The game came from local hunters culling the deer herd and from farm raised goat and sheep. There were local families of Jews and Arabs who lived together peacefully who demanded them.
We stayed there until dark to see the sunset behind the mountains, light the sky in a glory of color that had no equal in Man's world. The endless dance of the heavens was reflected in the lake below where trout and bass abounded.
> Before leaving, I loaded up Herbie with enough fish and game purchased at the store below the Lookout Cafe to fill our freezers. The game came from local hunters culling the deer herd and from farm raised goat and sheep. There were local families of Jews and Arabs who lived together peacefully who also got their meat from the farm and supplied their own religiously trained staff who killed the animals following their particular laws of animal slaughter.

The butcher shops had an american butcher to handle all unclean meat. They were friends who grew up together up north in New York City. They'd come to the city to get away from the strife and relocated here where they were needed.

-/*-

When Sandy went to bed, I knew that she was afraid for me still. To her, I was more than a friend, and wanted for me to give up my Mission of Vengeance for a life of peace, but knew that I was set in my desire. The unbridled fury I kept in my heart had been transformed into a cold menace that allowed me to plot my strategy against Delano. I had taken the advice that Knan Noonian Singh had given in the Star Trek movie: The Wrath Of Khan, 'Revenge is a dish best served cold,' I still had the anger, but now I had been forged by the tempering fires of passion into a Sword of Justice.

I had become a cold warrior. There was an ancient proverb that said: 'The best warrior is a cold warrior. A cold warrior uses his anger instead of letting his rage use him.' True, I could become a Viking berserker and cause collateral damage to Delano, but that would cause much retaliation, ending in a war that would destroy the city. No, I had done as the ancient Vulcans had done and mastered my fury. Now I was ready.

=*=

I called together the Council of War to plot out my strategy. It was simple, yet deadly in its scope. Best of all, even if I failed, Delano would fall from grace and his empire would crumble, letting the police clean up, and allow the business community to pick up the pieces.

We were in the Eastmont High School auditorium, having been let in by the janitor. We met in the orchestra pit where the band played during any play or musical. It was an old building, built back at the turn of the century with booths in the balcony, and a prompter's box where the director sat and coached the players during the play.

"People, now that I am a woman, I have devised a plan to destroy Delano. I shall seduce him into falling in love with me and have him propose marriage to me. But my price will be his empire which he will gladly give me."

"Where will you get the funds or property to entice him?" asked Chief Hawk.

"I will need the deeds to the property that he craves the most."

Les jumped up, "Bold plan, Terri, but why should I risk the Lake House for you? You are my sister, but you are asking too much of me."

"Les, I never said that your property was at risk, just the deed which will be forged so that the D.A. can prosecute him for theft and fraud," I laughed as comprehension set in.

Chief Hawk rumbled with laughter as he and his son who was also laughing brought forth a peace pipe filled with shredded apple leaves, "How like the coyote you are, Terri. Using your feminine wiles and trickster charms, he has no chance. But what will you do when he proposes?"

"Accept, then that night, drug him so that my wish comes true," I smiled evilly.

"Drug him? asked Mandy.

"What is your wish, Momma Terri?" asked Mandy.

"To turn Delano into a clone of Joan and let her work in one of the brothels. I am sure that there are several men who would enjoy it."

Kerry slapped me hard, with tears in her eyes, "HOW DARE YOU DESECRATE JOAN'S MEMORY THAT WAY! SHE WAS YOUR WIFE, GOD DAMN IT!” she yelled with conviction.

I visibly deflated, "You're right to slap me, Kerry. I let vengeance turn me into a monster," I sighed as I let tears fall.

She wiped away my tears, "Oh, my sister! You are no monster! Can you make him look different?"

Then the Dapper Gentleman stood up, "Yes, she can. I am here to rectify that minor problem."

"Oh? then who should he be?"

Mandy stood up, "Me! Make him my clone, that way she can get pregnant if she isn't careful."

"OK, But would you like to be a boy, or a girl?"

"Momma Terri, in all truth, I want to be a real girl and be a mother, too," she sighed.

The Dapper Gentleman touched her with his cane, and she glowed, "Now, dear child, you are a girl. You even have a history of being raised as a girl," he smiled.

She hugged him, "Thank you kind Sir! How can I repay you?"

"Just find a husband, and be happy," he blushed as he sat back down.

I cleared my throat, "Dapper Gentleman, does this mean that Delano will look like Mandy?"

"Oh yes he will, with only one goal, to please a man, any man," he chuckled.

"OK, thank you Kind Sir. Now, any questions?"

Sally laid a stack of deeds by me, "These are the deeds to businesses that Delano has shut down because the renters refused to bow down to his wants. He tried to buy them, but the Church has them. Please use these, Terri."

"I will, with these, Delano can't help but lose. Once he is a girl, that is where you come in, Chief Hawk," I smirked.

His son stood up because the Chief was silently laughing, tears rolling down his cheek, "Father knows what you want to do, Terri. Should we place the 'new girl' out as an escort or on the hotel staff as a maid?"

"Why not see where she will do the most good? Dela Delano will remember her male past, yet be unable to do anything but act like a girl. Only with you, your father, or me can she voice her true self if alone with us. And must do what we say," I chortled as the implications of my idea hit everybody.

Kandi looked over at me with tears in her eyes, "Terri, please don't have Delano be a clone of my daughter. If she is, Mandy can never visit a Reservation. Make Delano into an Indian Maiden with red hair, gray eyes. Such a Maiden is highly prized. Right, Chief?"

"Right, Kandi," he sniggered.

"Then let Delano be as you wish, Kandi. Mandy with red hair and grey eyes, but smaller, like you."

She smiled, "Does that mean that I have a new daughter?"

"Only if you wish it," replied the Dapper Gentleman.

Mandy shuddered, "Please, Mother. That would be my nightmare made flesh."

Coach Brad stood up, "Make her my daughter. Millie, my wife and I have no children," he sighed.

"Coach Brad, can you love her as a daughter even knowing that she used to be Delano?"

A mature lady with graying brunette hair stood by him, "Yes, we can. But if possible, make her a young teen girl and us younger when her time with the Indians is over," she wept.

"So be it," proclaimed the Dapper Gentleman.

"Dapper Gentleman, if you can do all of this, why did you not give me the in bred knowledge on being a woman?"

"You NEVER wished it," he chuckled.

Everybody laughed at my imitating a fish as I saw my error. Then after I had thought about it, I laughed too, "Thanks, I needed that reminder that I am not perfect," I sighed.

The Dapper Gentleman looked up as his TransBike emitted an alarm, "My pleasure, but he is about to discover our conspiracy. Let me help by sending y'all home. And Lady Branson, your wish shall be granted. If Delano succumbs to Terri's wiles, you and your husband shall be younger, with a daughter in her freshman year in high school," he announced as he pedaled away and sent us to our homes, leaving behind a scent of roses from Kerry's perfume.

[*]

I woke up, ready to initiate my war against Delano. I showered and tended to my now female body's needs. I reveled in its perfection as I let the hot shower spray caress my sensitive skin. Then after the shower, I donned hose with flesh tone shorts, sports bra and sleeveless top, white anklets and sneakers. My plan was to take a long, leisurely walk where Delano frequently went to gaze at the women that he wanted to woo. He never let their rejection faze him as he had plenty of available whores to sate his lust. This was his recreation.

Sally was there, looking at me with worry, "I know that you mean to do this Terri, your anger against Delano is a most poor substitute for the love you had for your family, and I'm starting to become afraid for you, very afraid."

I hugged her, "Afraid of what?"

She sat us down at the kitchen table where she had taken the liberty to make us coffee, "Afraid that you will let hatred and anger consume you, and blind you to the love that your new family has for you."

"I have to do this, Sally, I am doing this to protect them, as well as for vengeance. I can not let Delano win. Until he is destroyed, nobody is safe from his avarice. How long, until he no longer needs you?"

She sighed as she saw the bitter truth, "Not long, soon he will no longer fear anyone, or anything. He mocks the Lord in any Service that he attends and sheds crocodile tears when I admonish him."

"Then let me end his reign of terror for you. He will not die."

"No, but his soul might not accept the changes inflicted upon his body. If that happens, his soul will die."

I saw her worry for his soul, then a message of hope came to me, "Sally, Dana Delano will not despair. Tony Delano will accept his new identity and welcome his new life. WE will find out what made tony into the monster that he is."

"How can he? You’re not yourself, anymore. "She smiled and hugged me, "Terri, you got that from above. Now, I know that God has sanctioned your vengeance."

I blushed, "Sally, I never asked for this, but now that I am dedicated to seeing it through, I will not turn away. My only fear is if Delano sees through the conspiracy," I sighed.

"How can he? You're not yourself anymore!"

With her words of wisdom, my fears were put aside. Now I knew that whatever happened, God was in control. As a Christian, I was led to believe that God was in charge, and knew what was happening. What the loss of my family did was to make me forget. Now the song 'God Is In Control' by Twila Paris was running through my mind, reaffirming my weakened faith.

I let Sally out of the house and got into Herbie and went to City Park where Delano sat, leering at the women. I got out, next to his SUV and stretched in full view of him. I could see him drool over my lithe form, lusting over my attributes. I started walking away from him, forcing him to follow me if he wanted me. He did.

"Excuse me, miss. Are you new here?" he asked as he caught up to me.

"Yes I am, why?"

"I am Tony Delano, I practically own this city. If you need a job, come to me."

"Well, I am in no need of a job, in fact, I own a lot of property in this city. I'm looking to settle down."

"Are you married?"

"No, but you are, by that ring you wear."

He blushed, being outed, "I was not asking you out on a date, Miss>"

"Leslie", giving him my middle name as a woman.

"There are local bars where the singles meet, Big Closet is nearby."

"Big Closet? Are you for real?" I laughed. I knew that bar, it was where the college kids met before Delano. Now it was a gin joint catering to his more affluent clientele.

"Yeah it started out from some college kid's walk in closet where he kept his cache of beer."

"I guess that every college has one, mine back East was started by the Dean's daughter." ['Asshole! I know that it used to be a bar run by Erin and Sarah, but they retired when you bought them out and sent the T.G. community packing! Now they meet at Sapphire's Place.']

"Why not come and visit? If you do, I'll treat you to a lunch."

"Only if you can keep up the pace," I challenged as I started to jog.

"You're on!"

I led him a merry chase around the park, knowing that he was eyeing my backside with lust in his mind. What he was not expecting was my endurance. After an hour, he was visibly panting for breath, so I led him back to the bench where he had his cooler. I could tell that he was enjoying my cat and mouse game, and fully intended upon furthering the fun in his own way. But his way would mean losing my virginity and more to him, which was not going to happen.

"Good run?" I smiled as I stretched myself in order to cool down and avoid cramping.

"Yes," he panted. "But why stretch?"

"It’s to prevent cramping. Evidently, you are not a serious runner."

"Oh, I am, on the treadmill."

"Treadmills are for the weak, out here you get fresh air and sun."

"And stinky from sweat."

I finished stretching and sniffed my underarms, getting a raunchy pong of odor, "Ugh! OK. You got a point there," I grinned.

He squeezed my tush, "Then what about a quick bit of sex?" he leered.

I reared back and slapped him so hard, that it echoed and he went down, "HOW DARE YOU PROPOSITION ME, YOU ASSHOLE! YOU ARE MARRIED, AND I DO NOT SLEEP WITH A MARRIED MAN, NOR A CREEP THAT TREATS ME LIKE I AM A SLUT! GOOD DAY! SIR!" I yelled as I stormed off, silently grinning as he tried to save face again.

"PLEASE WAIT! LET ME APOLOGIZE!" he implored as I stomped away.

I turned around, "You had best make this good, or else I will do business with your rivals!"

"What if I divorce Kandi, and marry you?"

"Why should I marry you?"

"Marry me and become the most powerful woman in the state!"

"OK, but leave her all of her accounts, as well as any shared accounts."

Why so concerned about her?"

"Simple, as a woman, I know what she will be going through. She will need a way to raise any children left behind." I sighed.

"Oh? What if 'I' want custody of Mandy?"

"Then you lose me. I want no competition."

He leaned in and kissed my lips, "Very well, Leslie. It shall be as you say," he replied as whistled as he returned to his SUV,

I was suddenly confused. I was responding to his kiss with a lust for his domination of me. This is what conquered Kandi, and let Delano turn Mandy into a girl. If a woman who had been with a loving husband was vulnerable to his charms, what hope did I have? He'd easily conquer me and gain the advantage against his opposition once we were alone. Even now, I wanted him in me, planting his seed to continue his legacy. If I succumbed to his advances, then the city was doomed to suffer for my weakness. I needed help and hope before it was too late!

I headed for the gravesite to talk to Joan and Maggie. I knew that they'd be able to help me. AS I got to the entrance, I saw a Yellow Cab take Kandi and Mandy to the graves. I saw God's Hand in this, and thanked Him for arranging for this to happen. I knew that they wanted to meet them, now they were. Knowing Joan and Maggie, they'd accept them. But both have a jealous streak that's dangerous to touch. Those that did never did it again.

Joan would use her influence with other women to announce her displeasure to the world and the recipient of her anger and if an apology was issued, all would be well, if not, cat fight! I have seen lady wrestlers go at it in their matches, but Joan is far worse, she plays for keeps. More than one of her victims had to have their hair restyled after she had given them a bald spot, and Maggie took after her mother in that. She'd come home with scrapes and bruises and a tale of youthful mayhem where she had trounced a bully. Joan and I never spanked her for standing up for herself, but if she started the fight, we did.

Kandi and Sandy were standing at the graves, looking at the birds as they warbled at them. I could tell that they were awaiting my arrival before passing judgment on them, for which I was glad. I wanted both of my families to get along and love each other. I needed that in order to be at peace, or have a core of peace for the battle ahead. They were my bedrock against the upcoming storm that was to come, but now, I was a ship without a sail, heading into the rocks as the lighthouse blared its useless warning to me.

I got my bearings as I stepped out of Herbie and strode over to them. They were wearing matching pink sundresses and bonnets, sitting lady like before the tombstones, pulling weeds. As I got closer, I heard them singing Morning Has Broken, Joan's favorite. I sang it to her when I proposed to her on the Veranda, and she sang it to Maggie when she was born. AS I heard the words, I saw the Garden, and God's perfect world. Joan and Maggie were there, in human form with red cardinal wings on Joan, blue wings on Maggie. They reached out to me and hugged me, washing away my fears.

"Terri, welcome to Paradise."

"Yes, Daddy. Here, we are free of our hurts."

"Cast off your burdens, My Child, Here, let your soul rest in My Peace."

"Thank you, Jesus. I am at Peace. But out there, I am afraid," I sighed.

"Terri, when we married, I knew that you were strong. Rely on that strength within."

"My Child, Open up your Heart, and let your Soul's halves blend. Let your Man's Heart unite with your Woman's Heart and shield you from Delano's charms."

"Yes Daddy, I don't wanna see you become a mommy for him, Yuck!"

Maggie's attitude brought out my sense of the ridiculous which had won Joan's Heart, "OK, Maggie. I won't marry Delano. Who would you have me marry?"

The Chief's son. He likes you a lot."

I couldn't believe it! My daughter had actually seen fit to suggest a husband for me! Worst of all, I could see us together.

"Don't be so surprised, My Love. You have been a most wonderful husband. Now it's time to let yourself be the wife and woman that you are inside."

"Yes, My Child. You are of two Hearts. Let yourself become that which you are now, in body."

"But, Lord! Is it NOT a sin for me to live as a woman?"

"No, My Child. The sin is NOT accepting your new life."

"Jesus, if not for the accident, would I still be happily married to Joan?"

"Yes, My Child. You would have lived a happy life until Joan passed on, then you'd have joined her soon after, your Heart yearning for her."

"Would I have ever become a woman?"

"Only for Halloween."

"Then why choose me to go after Delano?"

"You would have, anyway. This way, your family is safe, and your friends."

I hugged Jesus, Who wept tears of Joy, "Thank you, My Lord. You have removed my doubt."

"Go now, your new family awaits you."

Paradise faded away, and I was hugging them, we were all weeping, "Did y'all experience Paradise with me?"

"Yes, my brother. I never saw you as weak, nor I. Now I see where I was seduced," admitted Kandi as the birds seemed to scold her as they flew.

"Momma, you were NEVER weak, just overwhelmed by his charms. I am glad that Daddy Terry freed us before he became Momma Terri," Mandy proclaimed as the birds cheered her.

"Come with me. It's time for Delano to openly divorce you and try to woo me

"You know, I SHOULD be jealous, but I'm not. I'm feeling absolutely no remorse. I am looking forward to seeing his downfall."

"Me too! Turning me into a teen slut against my will makes me want to trounce him, but good."

"Then let’s dress for him and meet him today," I offered as I silently laughed.

"SAY WHAT!?" the chorused.

"I am going there and want both of you there so that he can divorce you both."

"Terri, how can he divorce me? I am his step daughter."

"When he gives your mother a divorce, he will give up all custody rights to you as well as return to you and your mother all property and assets that he stole."

"Terri, that'll practically bankrupt him. Most of his wealth is from me."

"True, Kandi. But he still has his empire of small businesses that he took from their owners. By combining those with MY assets, he will have even more power than ever since it includes lucrative contracts with the Government."

"How do we get there?"

"In Herbie, Mandy. Why?"

"Won't he know that it's yours?"

"It's not mine, Kandi, It belongs to Joan. And if he does make the connection, Terry has gone on a world cruise, lost in the wilds of the tropics by choice."

+*+

I parked Herbie by Delano's SUV in the Big Closet parking lot. The exterior showed massive remodeling as the bright motif of the many fraternities and sororities logos were replaced by authentic ranch house style paneling and cacti lining the walkways to the lots. The cowgirl waitress in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader uniform using supple tanned hides instead of the traditional blue and white colors promised a change in the name when the lease was up next year.

The students were from Eastmont College, where most of the local waitresses were from. The students were treated by the staff as extended families in most businesses in order to generate goodwill in the patrons. Whenever there were games between competing local high schools, there were good natured bets between businesses resulting in different specials that kept the economy stimulated in spite of national trends.

As we walked in, I could tell by the dim lighting and cameras that we were being ogled by security. The men in the bar leered at us as we sat at the bar, the slit mini dresses giving an excellent view of our lacy panties and fishnet hose, as the form fitting top displayed our wares to their fullest advantage. We chose our slut -ware to make Delano and company drool over our bodies.

One patron placed his meaty paw on my hosed leg and leered at me with unbridled lust, "Well, bitch, let's go and see how good you are in bed."

I karate chopped him in the throat, followed by a kick to the groin, crushing any argument, "Hands off, Buster! Nobody touches me without my permission," I purred.

The security guard led him out and smiled at me on his return. Not every lady has enough gumption to do what you did. Good show!"

"Thanks, I guess that he believes that he is god's gift to women," I purred.

"Yep! More than one has called upon me to get rid of him."

"Why does the management let him return?"

"He's best friends or something with Delano."

"Then Delano needs better friends, or the ladies will frequent other bars."

"He doesn't care. He'll just hire waitresses and escorts to satisfy the male patrons."

I could see that this elderly gentleman hated his job. Old Man Morgan had been the bouncer here for years, ever since Dad's days at college. Morgan was a Marine veteran who lived above the bar rent free for his vigilance in keeping the peace. The only reason that he stayed was his love for the college kids that still came in. Now, most were men, the women went elsewhere due to the men who accosted them.

I couldn't risk revealing my knowledge about hm, so I pecked him on the cheek, "Thanks for being here for us ladies."

I was followed suit by Kandi and Mandy, "My soon to be ex-husband has mistreated you. When I can, I will reward you for being so kind."

"Ma'am, as long as you return the place to its former glory, I will be satisfied. But if you want to be eye candy, go ahead."

She blushed at the obvious play on her name, "If I do, it will be for a friend."

"Momma, you flirt! Are you looking already?"

"Maybe! I do like a strong man."

He gently took her hand, "Dear Lady. If I could, I would ask you out, and be a father for your delightful daughter. But, until Delano is gone, I can't."

She smiled at him, "I remember how you comforted me when I became a widow. Before that, you and Steve were best friends. If you wish, after my divorce, we will start anew."

"But what about his jealousy? He has destroyed others for crossing him."

I sighed, "Not once I am in charge."

He looked at me, then saw who I was and smiled, "If I am not mistaken, you are the one to change things, as your dad did before. Best of luck Terri."

"Do not tell him. You do, and it's curtains for me."

"Don't worry, I want to see him fall."

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Clever Story

I could state seriously that this is a great allegory in the vein of 'Dante's Inferno'. You've done well to adapt and modernize it. Serious but comical: The symbolism and the struggle of good vs evil all fit. It gives a delightful interlude to reality.

It's refreshing. I love it. Keep writing.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Actually, Trish :)

I was not thinking about Dante. Thanks for the heads up. Being compared to that classic made my day.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Dante?

Not a bad comparison there with what the character is going through and what some of the supporting characters have been through. Hell on Earth is what I got from some of that, especially with poor Mandy.

Keep it coming here.

Don't Worry, Terri's Vengeance

Is a story of redemption. And you wil be surprised who is redeemed.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine