Drawn Together Ch. 5

Printer-friendly version

More changes come in Robbi's life and she takes them all in stride. She chooses to embrace rather than reject the many changes.

Drawn Together Ch.5

by

Paula Dillon

The girls all got up early the next day. Tiffany and Robbi had been the first and they had quickly dressed and went down stairs to begin breakfast. The rest got up and began getting themselves together. When Sandy came down already dressed, Cindy was setting the table. The girls sat the food down and began passing it around. Everyone was very excited and chatting as they ate. Sandy’s pending wedding and Robbi’s pending arrival at school were the main topics.

After breakfast Cindy, Margie and Katy insisted that they do the cleanup while Tiffany and Robbi got themselves ready. It would be the six of them all day long.

Robbi got her portfolio ready along with her purse. In such a short time she had gotten very good with her makeup and hair. She had rapidly picked up the feminine skills she needed.

They all piled into the Buick in time to arrive at the dress shop at its ten a.m. opening. Robbi took the message out of her purse as they arrived at Miss Christie’s Bridal shop.

They made their way in and soon found themselves directed to Christie Myers, the proprietor of the shop. She was an older lady, about her mid fifties, but she had a commanding aura about her. She had blonde hair definitely bottle blonde, and a waspish figure, a very narrow waist, large bust, and a prominent tush. Sandy knew she was heavily corseted. Her posture was very erect and proper. Everything about this lady shouted she was a very proper lady who didn’t tolerate incompetence.

“Hello ladies and how may I be of assistance to you?” She asked.

Robbi was the first to speak, “Miss Christie my Mom is getting married in a month and I was wondering if you could make her gown for her. I believe that you have been told about the dress I want made for her.”

“Ah, Yes. I believe I have if you are this Robbi I have heard about?”

“Yes Ma’am I am the one.”

“Well come now girl,” she said, “Let us see this design that you have done?”

Robbi was a little confused at this point; she had been given to understand that she had already seen the design. None the less she opened her portfolio up and showed her the drawing.

Miss Christie accepted the portfolio and looked closely at the drawing. She then flipped through the rest of the drawings there. “I am given to understand that these are really your work. Is that correct?”

“Yes Ma’am they are.”

“You have art supplies with you. No?”

“Yes Ma’am I do.”

“Well let us see you at work,” She said and pointed at a lady who was being fitted for her Bridal Gown. “Draw this Lady as faithfully as you see her and we shall see.”

Robbi took her art pencil and pad out and began to work. The dress was a very ornate dress and had a lot of beads and lace work. The lady while not gorgeous was attractive. Robbi quickly concluded that the dress, the lady’s hairstyle and figure just didn’t work together. Yet she gave a faithful representation of it all. It had taken her a little under a half hour and she gave Miss Christie her drawing. She then went to work on what she would have rather seen the lady in. The lady while not fat was a little on the stocky side and the dress she was being fitted in was just that too fitted for her figure. A beautiful dress should hide what flaws cannot be corrected not flaunt them.

Miss Christie chuckled to herself; this beautiful child had seen what she had tried to tell the lady herself. She agreed that the dress Robbi was drawing now really accentuated her better features and would look much better. Many ladies fall in love with a picture and sometimes fail to see the reality.

Yes she would make this girl her dress. It would have to be started on today to have it ready. She had already herself surmised this child’s secret, and she had seen the other girl’s look of possessiveness. This Robbi definitely had a place in the fashion industry and she would mold her.

Robbi handed Miss Christie the second drawing it had taken less time to draw because everything had fit well together and looked much better than the other. Robbi’s friends and her mother had just stood behind her and watched her work.

“Well Miss Christie the first drawing was exactly what she looked like, but I feel she would look better in something like this dress.”

“I do too, but to convince the buyer she is wrong is sometimes hard.”

Miss Christie walked over to the lady and showed her both drawings and asked her opinion of them. It took very little effort after that to convince her to finally take her advice. Sure the gown they were adjusting was basically ruined from their attempts to alter it to fit right on her, but it was more important to have her name on a gown that would make the lady look stunning than to let her wear something that would bring discredit to the dress maker. Besides the cow would be paying for it in the end she thought.

Miss Christie returned to the group and said, “Sandy Davis I would be proud to make your wedding dress on one condition.”

“What is that?” Sandy asked.

“That your beautiful daughter and her friend work with me on this one. I am given to understand that the wedding is in early June and it will take a lot of effort to have it ready by then, and of course to have their dresses ready also.”

“It is up to you girls, it is your choice,” Sandy said turning to Robbi and Tiffany.

Tiffany whispered in Robbi’s ear, and Robbi said, “We can work with you after school and weekends except for this coming weekend. I have a prior commitment, which I must honor.”

“Honor is a very important principle Robbi, I agree with you very well let’s get started.”

Miss Christie led them to a room for them to get undressed and measured. Sandy, Tiffany and Robbi were all undressed by her assistants and were thoroughly measured even their shoe sizes were taken.

“Since it is an antebellum theme, we need to fit all three of you with corsets. These Ladies are very good at corseting my customers.”

It wasn’t very long till the assistants were heavily binding the three of them. More measurements were taken. Of the three of them Robbi actually needed the least taken off and Sandy the most. Miss Christie insisted that Sandy wear her corset as much as possible from now till the wedding. She even thought of trying to get the groom corseted, fine gentlemen were sometimes even corseted back then.

Tiffany’s friends were actually put to work helping the three of them. It was good practice for them to help them when they too would be brides or bridesmaids themselves Miss Christie thought. She so wanted to get these young ladies corseted also.

Miss Christie had actually cheated a little. She had fallen in love with this design when she first saw it and had roughed out a pattern for the three dresses. She just needed the actual measurements and of course come up with the sizes she actually wanted the dresses to be. In a way she had a mean streak inside her she loved forcing women into corsets and smaller dresses than they normally wore. After all, it was for their own good. Her clients after came out looking spectacular after all.

She had to stifle a giggle as she heard them groan. Sandy really looked great, Tiffany did too, but the effect it had on Robbi’s appearance was the greatest. She was developing a figure but the corset brought out her figure very nicely.

“Ok Robbi come Monday I expect you here with Tiffany at four thirty, no later and we shall begin your dress. Now I suppose you have some more shopping to do to be ready. No?”

“Yes Ma’am we do.”

Miss Christie dismissed them at that point and turned her attention back to the other lady she was fitting that day. She already had a dress that was a lot like the second one Robbi had drawn ready for her.

The three girls helped the corseted ones get dressed.

“Robbi remind me if I love you dear? I am not so sure of that now. How about you Tiffany?”

“Oh god Sandy, if I knew we were going to be tortured I would have shot Robbi.” Tiffany said in jest or at least in what Robbi hoped was jest.

The troop finally left Miss Christie’s shop. All the girls were standing a lot straighter. Cindy, Katy and Margie were trying to emulate the others as best they could.

Back in the shop, fabric was being laid out and the creative process was being started. Yes this would be a grand design and the start of a new career for the next genius of fashion.

“I wonder if these things are bullet proof, and I just thought of something Mom. She never talked about price. What if the price is unacceptable?” Robbi asked.

“We will have to see what it is going to cost us, but we are not hurting dear.” Sandy said. Robbi didn’t know how well off they were. She didn’t want it to go to Robbi’s head. They owned the house and had a large nest egg in the bank and in investments. Sandy had a good head for money and had done well with the money her grandfather had left her.

Shop they did, though at a more sedate pace at least. Even in pain they all had fun. New clothes would also be required for their new figures to. How was Robbi going to pass for a guy Sandy thought? She was sure that Miss Christie would want Robbi to be corseted daily. She would see her almost everyday too.

They stopped at a store that sold girls jeans all three of them got fitted for tight girl’s jeans. There would be no doubt and no hiding it after today. Robbi’s Dream had caught them all in a trap and the dice had been rolled. They would just have to see where they stopped rolling. Sandy would call Mrs. Stringer and at least give her a heads up tonight.

Robbi bought six pair of jeans. Some were high waisted, some were low rise and all very form fitting. It was the same for Tiffany’s and Sandy’s jeans. They also picked out some tops they all could wear, that showed off their best features without looking indecent.

While Robbi and Tiffany were changing those same thoughts came to Robbi. “Tiffany it looks like I am coming out before the end of school. I have never been so scared or nervous.”

The light flipped on in Tiffany’s head as Robbi spoke. She knew exactly what she meant. “Well all you can do is hold your head up high and not let them drag you down. The girls and I will be by your side all the way though. You won’t have to go down that road by yourself.”

“Well let’s do it right then Tiff. If we are going to do this let’s not go half hog about this.”

The six of them got together and discussed it in between clothing changes. Robbi would start out wearing these jeans and tops before maybe changing into skirts and dresses by the end of the semester.

As they were talking Tiffany saw that girl whose face had been so badly scarred. She was amazed at what she saw. She couldn’t see any scar at all. “Robbi look that is the girl you drew last week isn’t it?”

Robbi had to do a double take before she realized that it was indeed Rebecca. “Yeah it is Rebecca Snider. She looks great.”

They waved at her and she came over as she recognized them. She was jumping for joy as she hugged them.

“Gee Rebecca what happened to you, you look simply great?” Robbi asked.

“I don’t know what happened. It seems like magic. Even my Doctors were perplexed about it. My plastic surgeon couldn’t say five words without stuttering.”

“You look beautiful girl,” Tiffany stated.

“You look two look great also, how did ya’ll get those tiny waists,” Rebecca asked as she looked over them.

“Well Robbi’s Mom and my dad are getting married and the dressmakers corseted us today, so we can fit in our gowns. They are pre-civil war era southern Belle type gowns.”

“Oh I can just imagine what they look like.”

“Yeah they are my design too, and I am going to have to help sew them,” Robbi added.

“Really, you are so talented Robbi. I just want to thank you for that portrait you did of me. You really helped me when I was so down. I have done a lot of crying the last few years, but since last week they tears were tears of joy,” She said as she hugged Robbi.

Tiffany joined them in their hug. She felt a kindred spirit in her.

It was late evening after dropping off the girls when they finally got home. Tiffany smelled fresh paint when they came in. She hurried to her room and squealed with delight as she saw that her room was done. Sandy had paid some painters some big bucks to do the job on a Sunday while they were shopping. They were too tired really though to appreciate the job and after loosening the corsets they were wearing they just went on to bed.

Even though it was a little late Sandy did call Mrs. Stringer and explain the situation to her. It seemed like she expected her call. She told Sandy not to worry after Sandy told her what Robbi would be wearing. Mrs. Stringer did request that Robbi, Tiffany and Sandy come to her office before school. She also assured her that the wheels had already been greased.

Robbi had strange dreams that night of being buried alive, being crushed and other such dreams. She awoke early the next morning and realized that she was not being crushed she was still in her corset. She managed to get free of her burden and took a shower. Miss Christie had given each a spare corset so they could alternate wearing them from one day to the next. Robbi managed to get her other corset on but not sufficiently tight and looked at herself in the mirror. It was really quite pretty. It was a jumble of colors of blue, green and teal with black lace, it was decent enough to wear as a top, but not at school she thought. The corset covered her breasts except for the swell in her cleavage. She looked hot in it she thought.

Robbi put on her panty and pantyhose and slipped into a pair of her new jeans. The jeans came up to her natural waist and accented her narrow waist and hips. The legs of her pants were so tight she doubted that she could have gotten in them without the pantyhose. She turned this way and that way looking at herself in the mirror, she looked like any other teenage girls. She then chose a pair of open toed sandals with a two inch heel. She brushed out her hair in her favorite Robbi fashion and looked at herself. She looked very feminine. She had gone this far, so what the heck, she went ahead and made her face up. She just used foundation, powder, mascara and lipstick on herself. She looked much like Tiffany did when she went to school.

She met Tiffany leaving the bathroom. Tiffany looked over her sister and said, “You’re not going to school like that are you?”

“No of course not I plan to put a nice blouse on, but I so like this look I may go out later like this.”

They hugged and gave each other a quick kiss before Robbi headed to the kitchen and Tiffany to the bathroom.

Sandy found Robbi in the kitchen fixing breakfast. She whistled when she saw her. “My gosh Robbi you look so good, but you are not going out like that in my lifetime at least.

“I know Mom; I have a blouse chosen to wear with this I just wanted to hang around like this. I also suppose I need you to help tighten the corset more too,” Robbi said giving her Mom a big good morning hug.

Tiffany came down and Sandy helped tighten both girls in their corsets. They both then had to help tighten Sandy’s corset. After they finished eating, much smaller portions than they each normally ate, they each finished dressing. Robbi chose a very pretty crepe blouse to go with her outfit and fixed her purse. Sandy and Tiffany both approved of her choice of looks for her first day to school.

All three were very nervous as they headed to the school not knowing what to expect that day. Sandy parked the car and they headed to Mrs. Stringers office. Tiffany and Sandy headed in first and Robbi followed about a minute later. Nobody recognized her but she caused quite a stir as she walked by the other students. Everyone wondered who the new girl was, although some thought she looked somewhat familiar.

Robbi made it to the office where the staff and Nurse Wilson were assembled. They had already heard about the ‘New Student’. There were a few murmurs as she entered and some comments about how ‘Darling she looked’. Mrs. Stringer was in her office with Sandy and Tiffany, her eyebrow arched as she saw Robbi, but she greeted her warmly as she entered.

“Well Robbi, you look so good dear. I have no problems with the way you are dressed.”

“Thank you ma’am. I just hope that I survive the next three weeks till the end of school.”

“You may have some problems dear, but they are nothing that we cannot overcome. I have alerted my staff and teachers and although some of them think this is a travesty and that I shouldn’t allow you back like this, they have all agreed to look out for you the rest of the school year. According to legal you may come to school dressed like any other student male or female as long as it is decent and doesn’t cause too much of a stir. I also checked and found that you may use the girl’s restroom when you look like this as long as you don’t dawdle or display you male parts. So no strip teases in the rest room or masturbating allowed. You are already out of PE so that is no problem. We will have a general assembly at second period to talk to the students as a whole about what is acceptable behavior to a student like you and what is not. I think by then we should have covered all the bases by then. As long as things don’t get out of hand dear, we are going to let the chips fall where they may, but rest assured you are well liked here by students and teachers. I don’t anticipate anything we can’t handle.”

Robbi was still a little unsure about things but she held her head up high and smiled. “Thank you for everything ma’am.”

Tiffany and Robbi headed to their homeroom when the bell sounded. Seeing them together the other students started recognizing who Robbi was, and yes there were some jeers and catcalls. Tiffany heard some people calling her a lez and telling her to get a real man, but many of the students stopped them and spoke encouragingly to them. Kelly and Beth really flipped over Robbi accepting her totally. Robbi and Tiffany parted a few minutes before the final bell and they all headed into their home rooms.

The teacher was already in Robbi’s homeroom and first period class. She smiled when she saw Robbi, Beth and Kelly enter.

“Students we have a student you all know, Robby Davis. Robby has a medical problem that has made him look more like a girl than a boy. I sure if you think about how he has looked over the past year you will be able to see how she has developed. Well it has become too much for her to hide and she has decided to attend as a girl now. I am telling you this and you will also be told today in a general assembly these same facts. All students are being told today as we speak. You will treat Robbi no differently than before except he is now a she. I don’t care where your feelings lie in this area or what you think about her. I personally think she is brave to come here and face her friends and fellow students. I will tolerate no spectacles or misbehavior directed to her or around her. For all of you girls this is notice that she will be using the ladies facilities to take care of her needs. If you don’t want her around then use the facilities in another part of the school or just ignore her. She won’t be trying to make moves on you or to embarrass you. She has already been through enough embarrassment and personal problems herself. She won’t be parading around nude in the rest rooms and neither should you for that fact. She doesn’t have PE so you don’t have to worry about that either. Robbi is a very good kid and I would like to see you treat her as such. Feminine pronouns are appropriate for her now. Thank all of you for your continued good behavior.”

Robbi had not expected all this and wasn’t sure if she was glad or not for all the attention she had received in class. All things aside though homeroom and first period went as well as could be expected. As she left the classroom to go to her next period she had a group of girls with her including Kelly and Beth. Robbi still heard the occasional jeer, name calling and such, but she seemed to be well received. After second period roll was taken all students headed to the auditorium for the general assembly.

Everything there was just a rehash of what the teachers had already been instructed to say to the students. The only thing Robbi could not do was to go to the girl’s locker room, and that was because of the nudity problem there.

Robbi found out throughout the day that she had a lot more friends than she had enemies. Most of the girls were more accepting of her than the guys which surprised her greatly. Some girls left the restroom when she entered, but many took that opportunity to show her their support and tell her how brave she was. She saw she was readily accepted by about sixty five percent of the students, twenty percent who didn’t care one way or another, ten percent who didn’t like the situation but were not vocal about it and the last five percent well there are dissenters everywhere she supposed. She had that five percent when she was just plain Robbi too and maybe a few extra dissenters because of her cross gender appearance now.

What was good though, were her friends kept her nearby now. She hardly went anywhere without her entourage. They were not always the same students but they were there to look out for her.

At lunch it was good to finally see Tiffany. She smiled when she saw Robbi their lunch group had greatly expanded, although some of the jocks had a hard time dealing with Robbi. Justin still stood by the group. The girls had to hear about what had happened and shared what they had heard so far that day. They also shared the fact that Robbi’s website had been shut down as it took too many hits and downloads. The counter it seemed was over fifteen thousand hits so far and she had over two hundred emails to respond to about her work. They divided the emails up to read among themselves and to reply to if necessary. All too soon though lunch was over and it was back to the grind.

During art Ms. Sanderson raved over her appearance, she and the students complimented her looks. Ms. Sanderson had Robbi start on pastels that day. It was the first time she had used color in her art. She showed some promise but she needed a lot of work matching the colors she wanted and blending them together. Ms. Sanderson already promised her an A in the course as is. Robbi made a mental note to pick up a set of pastels and watercolors to practice with on her own.

After the last period and still surrounded by friends she found her locker decorated by some who were obviously not pleased with her. She was kept from seeing exactly what was done, but it shook her up to say the least. Tiffany met her at her locker and they left together.

They had to give her a run down of their day. Tiffany too had a hard day. Robbi hadn’t thought of that but she was teased and taunted too. Robbi may have had a better day only because of the people who had always been around her. Tiffany just snuggled in close to Robbi for comfort.

At the dress shop Miss Christie was waiting for them. They were early but still she got right down to business. The three girls were taken into the back and measured and tightened again. Then Miss Christie then put Robbi to work doing odd jobs that freed up her people and she discussed the dress for a long while with Sandy. Robbi got to see her design roughed out in a cheaper fabric as the seamstresses worked out her concept. She smiled when she saw it. There was a lot of work to do in a month and very little time to do it.

Miss Christie had dresses for Robbi and Tiffany to try on. Robbi now understood why they had the corsets on. Robbi was 26 inches in the waist and the dress she tried on was at least 23 inches or maybe 22. It was gorgeous though. Tiffany’s was the same way. They both still had to go down about another two to three inches for the dresses to fit properly. Miss Christie told them that Mom had another three to four inches to go down to the proper size. She assured them that it was doable in the three weeks before the final fittings.

Robbi paid close attention to details as they worked on the dress.
They were dismissed at six thirty and went home. John was there and a confused but amazed look when he saw the three of them. He gave each a hug as they came up even Robbi. They ate a light meal at least the girls ate lightly. A side effect of the corset was it prevented them from engorging themselves. They had to eat small meals and snacks to get enough nourishment inside them.

After dinner Mom got out the exercise tapes and the girls were glad to get out of the corsets for any reason at all, even if it was only to exercise. After 45 minutes Robbi would never call girls the weaker sex that was for sure. She was impressed with her Mom’s and Tiffany’s stamina. After a quick shower it was back in the corsets and to their homework, before bed at ten.

Robbi’s dreams weren’t as grim this night as her body adapted to its constraints. She dreamed of dresses and all things pretty and feminine. She awoke to Tiffany nibbling on her ears.

“I don’t know about you Robbi but all this is leaving me perpetually horny. I know we can’t do anything about it and that is leaving me frustrated.”

Robbi looked at the clock by her bed and it was 6:30. A half hour before the alarm was set to go off, so for the next twenty minutes they explored each other’s body till they felt better. After taking care of their needs in the rest room they both got ready for the day. Looking in the mirror Robbi could see that the forced good posture actually made her look taller. Tiffany was still taller but not by as much as before.

Dressed and fed they headed to school. Everything was as the day before except there were a few parents there holding signs up when they saw Sandy drive up to the school. Though graphic in language, at least the signs weren’t as distasteful as the graffiti on the locker the day before. Hey this is America they have the right to protest she guessed. They were relived to see a group of their friends waiting for them. Tiffany and Robbi received hugs and kisses from their friends as they walked up.

The rest of the day went as before, she always had friends around her not as many as before but enough that she never felt alone. At lunch the girls talked about her website. The teacher who had been so impressed with the design of the site had found them another site to set it up on with a little more bandwidth and a larger storage capacity. She was even starting to get donations to help support her site as it was still not considered a commercial site. The girls had sorted out the emails by type. Most were fan mail, some were requests for her art work and three were requests for a showing of her works.

After school it was straight to Miss Christie’s where they were measured and tightened. She was pleased with their progress. She got Robbi more involved with her Mom’s dress. The girls working on it took time to show her what they were doing and explain why they did the things they did. Robbi just soaked it up like a sponge. Soon she was working side by side with them. The fabrics for the dress came in; they were beautiful luscious fabrics, and laces. There was also a delivery of a thirteen crinolines. Five were for Sandy and four each for Robbi and Tiffany.

Robbi and Tiffany were also given lessons on how a dress shop runs. Robbi was surprised that Tiffany was so interested. She even talked to Miss Christie about setting up a website of her shop. They were again dismissed at six thirty.

Wednesday and Thursday were more of the same. At school there were still those not happy, still their friends there and still Miss Christie’s after school. Friday Miss Christie gave the kids a walk so Robbi could prepare for her drawing sessions this weekend. Sunday would be Mothers’ Day.

Robbi woke in a very good mood a lot of the tension from the previous week had just melted away. It was very early so she started getting ready. She had become quite accomplished at lacing her corset and although it was still a pain she understood the need for it right now. Her waist without it was now a 24.

Her Mom was even happy at the differences her corset was making although she still complained about being bound in it. She had been ecstatic when she had seen Robbi’s drawing and that was enough for her.

Tiffany hung in there also; she loved Robbi and Sandy so much. The dress she would wear as a bridesmaid looked absolutely gorgeous. She would do almost anything to get in that dress.

As Robbi dressed she really saw how much of a change in her figure the corsets had made. She didn’t have to get rid of her skirts and stuff but they rode lower and tighter at the hip as the corsets forced things up and down. Her breasts had seemingly stabilized she was now a 34 C almost a D. Tiffany came in while she was doing her makeup to use the bathroom and stripped next to Robbi. They had become so close and Robbi so feminine it was hard for her to see the guy in him.

After eating breakfast they headed to the mall. It was good to see Alice again. She greeted them warmly as they arrived and gave Robbi the last of her money. They sat and talked for several minutes before the kids got to work setting up their stuff.

Robbi started drawing in the past week she hadn’t been able to just draw for herself, to have fun and to draw no one in particular. It energized her as she drew. She drew a beautiful lady in a dress she had seen in some movie or museum. It was fitted from bust to the waist, with a large flowing skirt. The sleeves were puffy at the shoulder and fitted at the wrist. They had slits and other fabrics had been sewn in the slits giving it a Victorian or earlier feel to the dress. It had a stacked lace collar and all kinds of added decorations added to it. A very Renaissance piece of work.

As she finished the drawing customers came flooding in most wanted a quick drawing something to surprise Mom with in the morning. She did a bunch of children that day, and fidgety children can be so exacerbating to the nerves, but Robbi handled them well though. The kids seemed to want to make her happy, so they behaved as she drew them.

It was after lunch when she had a problem. An extremely beautiful lady came in and wanted her portrait. On a scale of one to ten Robby would have given her an eleven or twelve. Robbi though had a hard time drawing her. Every time she looked at the lady she shook as if she were freezing. She knew in her heart that this was an extremely cold lady, not a touch of warmth in her smile or her eyes. She tried to add warmth, she tried to show a compassionate lady, but it was like trying to teach an alligator to fly. It scared her badly dealing with this portrait. It was a high dollar portrait the lady wanted. When she finished she didn’t even sign the picture, she didn’t want her name associated with it after the lady left. She had captured the lady’s outward beauty but couldn’t hide the coldness of her spirit. She was internally in distress and took a break. Alice was looking at her as she hurried into the frame shop. Alice gave her a knowing half smile. She hid out in the restroom for ten minutes, till a soft knock brought her back to reality.

“Hey Robbi, how are you?” Alice asked.

Robbi opened the door and stood next to Alice. “I am ok, I think. That Lady, she just felt so cold. It was like she was twisting my soul. I just don’t know how to explain it.”

“Don’t worry about it dear, I felt it too. I came out to see what that was all about. There are just some people that are that way. She wasn’t evil although a push one way or another and she could very well become that way. She just had no love or compassion in her Robbi. She could very easily become sociopathic. You can do a lot of things with your art dear but there are some things no one can do anything about.”

“You know about me don’t you.”

“Yes Robbi I do. It is because of me and some others you have this gift. You have the gift to draw what you really see in people and to make changes in what other people see, you can change some realities, mold some opinions but you still can’t force a square peg into a round hole. That goes for the good things and the bad things. You have a noble spirit and have refused to hurt people with that art, but have sought to do good with it.”

“You mean you did this to me?”

“Did this, no we didn’t do that to you. The art choose you, it sort of found a kindred spirit in you. You just took it where your heart felt it should go.”

“How will I know what I can change?”

“Just listen to your heart.”

“Will I always be like this?”

“As long as the art is inside you and you want the art. The art doesn’t stay where it is not wanted. If you need to know more just talk to me, Miss Christie or Ms. Sanderson. If you feel better there are still some patrons waiting for you girl?”

Robbi hugged Alice and said, “Thank you for everything Alice.”

The rest of the day went by. Robbi felt better knowing more about her gift now. She made a more effective use of the gift, letting it lead her where it needed to go. Robbi had been forcing it before but now it flowed. She knew in her heart now that Jamie would be a happy girl. Not a complete girl that was one reality she knew she couldn’t change, but happy none the less with her loving parents. She knew Rebecca and Beth would be whole again that was something she could change. She knew now that Kelly, although she appeared happy wasn’t really happy inside and that Richard brought that gift to her. She knew that Tiffany was her soul mate as John was her Mom’s.

It was the gift that molded her in this form. It sought things feminine in Robbi and brought them out in her. She knew that it sought out an artistically gifted male and brought out the female it found there. The gift and the artist were drawn together.

Her patrons would swear that this day Robbi’s art went to a new level. Her drawings radiated warmth and light like never before.

Sandy’s wedding went off and was a glorious affair. Robbi and Tiffany stayed with Alice while their parents Honeymooned. The dress bore the label Robbi’s Bridal wear. Miss Christie gave credit where credit was due.

Robbi and Tiffany are due to be married next year, their sister five year old Tracy will be their flower girl. As Robbi’s drawing suggested, both are to graduate early from college. Robbi has a dual career as a world renowned artist and a fashion designer. Tiffany went into marketing and handles all their business decisions with their friends Cindy, Katy and Margie. Together they could sell sand in the Sahara and refrigerators to Eskimos.

Beth became a dermatologist, her husband Justin a securities broker, Kelly a motivational speaker, and Richard soon to be her husband a multi billionaire software designer and engineer by unseating some guy who lives up somewhere in the Northwest. Jamie was elected to congress where she served fourteen terms. Rebecca married and became just a happy house wife to an average family.

Mrs. Stringer now lives with Nurse Wilson and they are happier than they ever were, still motivating and caring for young minds. Robbi’s and Tiffany’s youngest will be in their last graduating class. A certain graffiti artist is doing 25 years for child molestation and is the not so happy companion to a man only known as Bubba.

Robbi did see her natural father one more time. She saw in him, the same things she had seen in the ice queen that had so startled her. She sent him what love she could but he was a square peg. He ate a bullet when everything he worked for came crashing down after his fourth divorce. He had married someone as cold as he was.

Finis

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
250 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Amazing

This was a truly amazing and delightful story! Looking forward to reading more of your work.

bubba

hehehehehehehe
ed


ed

Drawn together

I'm an avid reader of your stories.... This one is an A+

Stephanie xoxo

Another Paula Classic

Dee Sylvan's picture

I love that your stories have a heroine that we can so easily relate to. No forced fem and loving and supportive friends. It was interesting to find out that Alice was at least partially responsible for Robbi's amazing gift. It was a bit of a shock when Tiffany showed at his door at precisely the same time as Robbi's initial leaving the house. It was also heartwarming to discover that his feelings for Tiffany were mutual. Another great story Paula, I can't wait to start the next.

DeeDee

That my dear

Samantha Heart's picture

Was a WONDERFUL story! I love it & complete. Ty

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Drawn Together

Another fine story. If you look at the timing of my comments, you will see that I spent most of today reading your stories! It is great to find someone who obviously plans her writing and finishes the work. So many promising story lines come to a halt well before the end.

Congratulations on a well-written piece of work: I look forward to more of your writings.

Hugs,

Susie

Lovly

My Girls loved this story. They wish they draw themselves older so thier classmates would stop calling them little girls

They are 15 and Finished thier first year at MIT with 4.0 Averages

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Very enjoyable. I read this

Very enjoyable. I read this over two evenings. Putting it down unfinished the first evening was very hard. I REALLY wanted to find out how it ended.

Yet another excellent story

Hi Paula;

Yet another great chapter! Pretty good closer there.

*HUGS*
Robi

*HUGS*
Robi

Good story!

Nice and sweet - just as I like them. While I am not really into the magical stuff it was a good fabric in this story - giving it humor and a bit philosofical feeling. The ending was perhaps a tad over sweet, but I liked it.

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

Drawn together

Nice Job Paula. Your work is good as always.

Hugs
Joni

Wonderful!

Paula, this is a lovely story that I enjoyed so much, Thank You! I was worried at the last, what with the bridal shop owner and Robbi's coming out at school, but you slipped right on by what could have been an ugly scene or two, and preserved the warm, loving tone of the story. I just wish I could get my portrait done!

If you're holding back anymore like this, trot them out!

Big Hugs!
Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Wow

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Dear Paula,

Please remind me to NEVER piss you off. When you don't like someone it seems the worse for them. i.e. 'Miss Ice-queen' and Robbi's biological father.

Lovely story dear. If I could only have Robbi draw me as a nice young (female) person I think I could be quite happy. Oh well - THAT - is why we have fiction - to let our dreams flow free.

Thank you so much for a thoroughly delightful time, spent dreaming.

with love,

HER

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Almost Speechless

You wrote a very wonderful story Paula. Very sentimental and captivating. Why oh Why did you rush the ending up? With as good a story as you wrote you need to let us all down more gently like we would be falling asleep. Not to move your leg and let our head hit the couch arm! :) Thats exactly what you did to us! No.. don't do a Penny and recall this chapter! hehee Just be aware what you do to us! when you write as good as this, let us down softer at the end.

Thank You for a wonderful mini series!

Sephrena Miller