A Prayer Answered : Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version
      Tim had finally come out to his father about wanting to be a girl. Discover what happens next: Does David, Tim’s father, continue to help his son, now his daughter, achieve her ambitions? Are prayers really answered in the way we think they are? Gratiously edited by stanman63.
And Now...

 
A Prayer Answered
Chapter One
By Sara D.

Chapter 1
 
I was on my way home from work early today because I was worried about what was going on with my son, who is sixteen now. He’s been down and lethargic lately, so I asked my boss for some time off, and since I was ahead in my work he gave me the rest of the day off, and Friday as well. I thanked him for the time and said I would make it up to him. John said not to worry about it; he understood that sometimes, as he is a single father as well, I needed to spend time with my son. It’s been hard the last few months. Not only did I lose my loving wife, but Tim had lost his mother. So the idea of spending the next few days at home with him might do us both some good.

As I drove the 20 minutes it took to get home I thought about what, besides his mother’s death from cancer, could be bothering him. Claudia had not only been my wife, but my best friend as well. We met while I was in the military, and married just a few months later. Sadly, she was diagnosed with a malignant tumor that had attacked her brain and nervous system just two days after Tim’s sixteenth birthday. The doctors couldn’t do anything for her, and her death came and went too quickly. It was hard to deal with, as both Tim and I were in depression for the first month after her funeral. It was a sad time in both our lives; I sought the help of a therapist for us both. Thelma was such a big help with our grieving, that I thank God every day for her help.

Both Tim and I bonded over the next month. Then mysteriously, in the third month Tim once again seemed down, which explains my trip home today. I parked the truck in my driveway and walked into the front door. The house was quiet when I entered and closed the door behind me. I thought the house was empty. I thought maybe Tim was not yet home from school, that is, until I heard soft whimpering coming from his open bedroom door.

Then I heard him quietly praying and this is what I heard.

“Dear Lord why haven’t you heard my prayers? I’ve been good; I have great grades and a loving father. Why is it so hard to get what I need? I mean, since mom died I haven’t had the chance to be me, the real me. I miss mom so much, Lord. I miss our time together as mother and daughter.”

I kind of cringed at what I had just heard; had I heard him right? Mother-daughter time? So I continued to listen, as I might learn what had been bothering him.

“I just wish I could tell Dad how I feel. I want to be Sandra again; just to wear girl’s clothes again would be wonderful. Please Lord, hear my prayer and grant my wish. All I want is to be a good girl, just like when mom was still here. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.”

Tim had finished and began to cry softly again. I had to do something, but thought it better not to barge into his room. So I quietly went back to the front door, opening it, and then shut it loudly and announced I was home.

“Tim, I’m home, I got some time off from work until Monday, and I would like us to spend some time together.”

I waited patiently for an answer, I was pretty sure he was composing himself, not wanting me to see him crying.

“OK, Dad, give me a while. I’m just going to jump in the shower,” Tim answered as I heard the door to the bathroom closed behind him.

I sat down on the edge of my bed and closed my eyes and tried to think. As I did, all of the wonderful memories of dressing myself as a woman came back, which led me to my wife Claudia in the first place?

I met her at the mall one day while I was shopping as Sara and went into a salon that had a new line of cosmetics. I thought it was high time I went in and got some proper makeup and none of that cheap crap from Wal-Mart. So with my head held high I walked into Claudia’s Salon and saw the most beautiful woman I had seen in a while.

I couldn’t help but smile at her as I walked up to the makeup counter. She stood 5’6” hand long brown hair. She was not too thin, with a small chest and a perfect pearl white smile.

As I approached her I was instantly attracted to her, “Good afternoon Miss, I’m Claudia. How can I help you today?” she’d said sweetly.

“I’m Sara, and I’m interested in getting some decent makeup. I need everything,” I said, a little hesitant at what her true reaction would be to me.

“Well, let me help you choose the right color combinations for your skin. I will help you choose what is right for your complexion.”

Claudia began to work on color choices and found what worked for me. I was enjoying this very much and could not stop myself from smiling at each new application of makeup.

“You have very nice skin; I think this color will do you wonders,” she said, handing me a mirror. I couldn’t get over how good she’d made me look. All the stress of going out dressed and going into the mall had melted away.

“Thank you, Claudia. You did a wonderful job, I just wish I could look this good more often,” I said with a sigh.

“Oh you can, my dear. It truly is easy, and I would be glad to show you how,” Claudia said with at smile.

“Really you would do that for me? I hardly know you.”

“Yes of course I’ll teach you, anyone that is willing to spend $200.00 on makeup is worth my time,” Claudia said with a smile.

This beautiful woman sitting in front of me had my full attention, and I even began to flirt with her a bit. “You’re beautiful yourself, Claudia,” I told her with a smile and a flick of my hair from the blond wig I had on.

“Thank you, Sara, I am flattered. You are beautiful, too, but I bet you’re handsome when not dressed up.” Claudia said with a bigger smile while caressing my hand. “I wouldn’t mind meeting your other self some time, maybe for a movie and dinner, say, this Friday evening.”

‘What? Did I just hear her right? She is asking me out on a date. Holy crap, this girl just asked me out. I can’t pass up an opportunity like this. A woman who obviously knows I am a cross dresser, and just asked me out.’

Before I could say anything she said, “Unless you’re not into dating girls?” she pouted.

“Of course I like girls!” I said, sounding offended. ‘I mean, come on, I am a guy under all of this.’ “Sorry if I came off a little brash, I would love to go out with you. I’m David, by the way, when not dressed like this,” I indicated the black Mini and white blouse I had on.

“That would be nice, meet me here at the mall on Friday. I close up the shop around seven.”

“I can’t wait,” I said with a gleaming smile. “I will see you on Friday then.”

“OK David … Sorry, Sara,” She said, correcting herself, thinking I preferred the Fem name.

“It’s OK Claudia. I go by David most of the time anyway,” I told her. With all that said and done, I purchased my new makeup selections and departed. I stopped on the way home to get gas and changed into my male self once again. I got back to my apartment and thought about my upcoming date this Friday. It would be hard to have to wait such a long time, this being Sunday and all. Friday did come quickly though, and I met up with Claudia at her Salon at about 6:45.

I walked up to her and said, “Hello again, Claudia, how are you today?"

“Oh, um hi, who are you? Do I know you?” she said with a puzzled look.

I guess she did not recognize my voice or my face from Sunday. I felt kind of bad and felt she was just teasing me last time into thinking she would actually ask me out, “It’s me, I came last Sunday. I’m David, remember?” I told her hoping it would jog her memory.

“Oh my, it is you. I am so sorry, I didn’t recognize you,” she apologized and looked me up and down while smiling. “Hmm, I was right, you are very handsome, David.”

“Thank you, you look very nice tonight, too. I like your top.” I felt it was necessary to comment on her top. It was gorgeous on her, short sleeved shirt pink and yellow in color that brought out her great completion. “It really suits your complexion.”

“Thank you. No man has ever told me something like that. I might just have to marry you some day,” she said with a snicker.

“That would be wonderful,” I said, blushing.

She locked up her shop and took my hand as she led me to the theater. We continued to talk on the way to the movie. “You know, now that we might see more of each other, I get to pick out what you wear on our next date,” she said with a smile. “And I think a nice pink dress I saw in Macy's would be perfect for you.”

“Oh my, really, that would be fantastic.”

I was visually excited about what she has in mind and she noticed, “Oh, you like that idea, huh? This could be a very interesting relationship.” We continued to the movie and after it went to dinner.

I have to say I’d had a wonderful time with Claudia and told her so.

“This was a fantastic evening, Claudia; I’m having a great time. We should get together again, soon.”

She had a content look on her face which made me smile again, “I think you are right, we should go out again.” Claudia said, while stroking the top of my hand.

Six short months later Claudia and I married in a beautiful ceremony and our lives together started. We purchased our first home two months into the marriage and Tim was born just ten months later. We made an agreement that while Tim was young I would not dress as Sara at home. This was OK with me, as I did not want to do it in front of my son anyway, so we only dressed as ‘sisters’ once in a while and had not done so in a long time. We were parents now and were preoccupied by raising our son.

+++++++++++++++

I shook those wonderful memories from my head as I heard the shower shut off and Tim shut the door to his room. I had not even thought of dressing since Claudia died. The cancer had taken her so quickly that it was such a shock to all of us.

Then I remembered what Claudia had said to me with her dying breath, “Take care of Tim, he is more like you then you know.”

I now understood what she had meant. I just wish she had explained things before it was too late, but I understood why. She was keeping a secret that Tim had entrusted to her. I could not fault her for that; now I had to take care of my son.

‘I have to do something. I know now that he wants to dress as a girl. He even has a name for himself. And I completely understand how he feels, especially at sixteen and what I felt at that age as a closet cross dresser. But now, how do I help him without causing him to withdraw further? I want him to know it’s OK and that I will still love him, even if he wants to be a girl.’

‘I just don’t know where to start. It’s hard to understand kids these days. Fashion trends and sexuality are more easily accepted, but how do I let him know I am OK with it? In addition, he may think I have a religious problem with it. We do go to church each Sunday. He may think that I hold some of those ideals to heart. Which I don’t, like most Christians, I believe in God, but I don’t think it is wrong to be gay, bi, transgendered or whatever. He made me and my son to who we are. And I think it is his will that my son be that way he is and the same as for me. I will find a way. I just need time with my son this weekend, and maybe I will come up with a plan.’

I gathered myself together and waited for Tim in the living room. He soon came out and sat next to me on the couch, “You got time off from work, Dad. That’s great. Can we go to the tractor pulls on Saturday?” he asked excitedly. ‘Now that’s my boy,’ I thought to myself, but as I looked at him I could see the pain in his eyes and I felt bad for him.

“Of course we can Tim. You know how much I would love to do that with you. How about we go out to dinner tonight, and maybe even to the mall after?”

“OK dad that sounds good, can we go to the Outback?” he asked with anticipation.

“Can we go to Outback? You know that’s my favorite place. Sure we can.”

We were soon out the door and drove to Outback and were quickly seated. I watched as my boy ate his dinner, a little light for a sixteen year old boy. But for his stature it was normal. He is not overly tall at 5’4”, 110 lbs. Skinny by my standards, hell I’m the same height, but outweigh him by at least 90lbs, easy. Oh well, I’m not such a young man any more.

His light blond hair had grown since the funeral; I wondered to myself what he would say if I suggested a cut to the shoulder length wisps of hair on his head. Maybe another time. We finished our meal and I paid as we left.

As we drove to the mall I asked, “So Tim, is there anything you need while we roam the mall?”

“Not really, but if I see anything I’ll let you know,” Tim answered with a knowing smile.

I’m sure in his mind he was screaming at himself to tell me what he really wanted, but was too afraid to talk to me about it. And I could tell by the sad look on his face that he was struggling with himself.

As we entered the mall it was filled with the familiar sights of families, teenage girls and boys wandering around, flirting in a typical fashion. As we walked the mall I watched my son watching all the girls walk by. He had good taste; most of the girls he was eyeballing were very pretty. I was the same way when I was his age, looking at the girls and wanting to be them, or with them. I wondered if he was thinking the same thing.

My feet were getting a bit tired so I indicated a bench to sit on. Tim and I sat and I noticed we were across from Forever 21. I saw Tim was discretely looking into the store at all the nice clothes they had. Also, I noticed him starring at a very pretty young lady inside the store who seemed to be about his age. She had long brunette hair, green eyes and was wearing a green skirt and white top. I could only chuckle to myself and think that my boy has a crush on her.

“She’s very pretty, Tim. You should go talk to her. Do you know her?”

“That’s Kim; she’s in a few of my classes. She is pretty, huh Dad,” Tim said and I knew he was thinking to himself how nice it would be to wear the outfit she had on. ‘But would she go out with a guy that wanted to be a girl?’

“I don’t think she would want to go out with a guy like me, Dad.”

“Why is that son?”

“I don’t think I’m her type.”

“You will never know unless you talk to her, Tim. I remember how embarrassing it can be to talk to such a pretty girl. Go on, go talk to her.”

“I can’t, Dad. She won’t want to date a guy like me,” Tim said with a sad face.

“What do you mean a guy like you? You’re not telling me you’re gay, are you. Not that I would care,” I said, opening the door for him to tell me how he was feeling.

“I’m not gay, Dad!” Tim almost screamed, and then paused for a minute. “You wouldn’t mind if I was?”

“Of course I wouldn’t mind. You are my child, and I love you unconditionally and would not care if you are gay or whatever.”

“Really?” he said with a little excitement.

“Yes, I will love you no matter what. So are you saying you are gay then?”

“I said I’m not gay, Dad, just different.” He said blushing.

“Different how?”

“You sure you won’t get mad?”

“No I won’t get mad. Just tell me.”

“Dad, it’s um uh …” I could tell Tim was struggling to get out what he wanted to say. “Dad … I want to be a girl,” Tim finally said, then looked down at the floor.

“A girl, what makes you think that you want to be a girl, Tim?"

“It’s how I feel, Dad. I’ve known since I was around six. Mom knew how I felt; I just made her promise not to tell you. She even bought me some clothes I could wear and I could be myself with her,” Tim spilled the beans. Then he continued, “Ever since mom died I have not been dressed in those clothes, hoping the feelings would go away. But they haven’t, they’ve increased. More and more every day I wish I could just magically turn into a girl just like Kim. That’s why I know she would not go out with me; she’d have to be a lesbian. All I know is, Dad, is that I really want to be a girl. Mom and I had good times together. She always helped be dress, and when I was thirteen she taught me how to do makeup.”

“I am very proud of you Tim for being able to tell me how you feel. You know, you and I have a lot in common, did you know that?” I felt it was a good time to come clean about myself.

“How do you mean, Dad?” Tim had a puzzled look.

“Well when I was your age I had faced the same issues as you do. I never did tell anyone in my family about Sara. Your mother was the only one who knew of her.”

“Who’s Sara, an old girlfriend?” he asked innocently.

“No Tim, I am Sara. At least I used to be before you were born. I’m a cross dresser too, but stopped when you came to your mom and me. I had more important things to worry about, like raising a son for instance.”

“You wear women’s clothes? I never knew. Mom said you and I had a lot in common but never told me about this. Do you think you will dress again, Dad?

“Maybe someday, but first let’s deal with you. What would you like to do?”

“If you would not mind, I would like to do some shopping for a few new clothes, as I’ve outgrown what I have stashed,” Tim said with a half smile.

“Sure, how about you lead the way?”

“Thanks, Dad.” Tim said, and gave me a hug. Tim hadn’t done that since his mom’s funeral, and I felt good that he had finally come out of his shell. Well, at least I hoped that is what was happening.


 
To Be Continued...

up
78 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tim's Prayer

littlerocksilver's picture

Sometimes prayers are answered before one prays. They just have to look in the right place. Portia

Portia

This has the makings of a

This has the makings of a rather interesting story as you don't see all that many that deal with the Father and Son both liking female clothing and possibly a permanent life style change for both as "Mother and Daughter".

Prayers Are Always Answered

Lucky for Tim the answer was yes.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

An awesome story....

And I can't wait to see how it continues....

Elizabeth

A Start

This is a decent start to what could be a pretty good story. I hope you'll continue with it. I'm at least interested enough to want to read the next part!

Sometimes you should stop.

This is a good story. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. I would suggest against attempting to use it as an introduction to a serial. The story as it stands is special.

I would encourage the author to write, but write _another_ story.

I Cheated

Before I made my comment about being perhaps interested in reading a second chapter of this story -- actually before I even read this installment -- I read the title on the opening page.

It says "A Prayer Answered: Chapter 1."

So, you see why I am happy to dismiss offhand your implication that I am either difficult to satisfy, or incapable of discerning story structure, or seeking to corrupt a new author. :-)

Nicely done

Good story and a good place to make a break - natural pause.

I'd recommend that someone edits your drafts as there are some use of English words that make it a little odd to read.
Were = wear
soots = suits
completion = complexion
There are others but it's just a tidy up
Continue with the story, don't get too involved with the intricacies of 'dressing' it can get boring. Concentrate on the emotions and the aspects of bonding and how they feel about certain things.
If my father had told me he was a crossdresser, I might have disowned him - even though I'm a post op TS - there's a world of difference. Tim says I want to be a girl, Dad says, "I'm a crossdresser too". It's a bald argument but most ts girls don;t consider themselves crossdressers.
For instance my brother is a TV (true fact) and he shunned me completely. He wouldn't pass as a girl when dressed in a fit (he looks like Clint Eastwood) even though he has gynocomastia. I've been living (and pass) as a woman for nearly 10 years. I don't consider what I do as crossdressing - I'm a heterosexual female.,
It may be semantics, but it is a bit sad that TG forlks are pretty unaccepting of those that are different - even those that are similarly different if you get my sense.

TG-girls and crossdressing

I beg to differ hun.
I'm post-op and DID consider myself to be a crossdresser.

Thankfully those male clothes are gone forever now ;)

Yeah yeah, i know what you meant. I agree with what you said. If we have to go on their words then i think it'll be father and daughter someday. if she truly felt she was a girl from the age of 5, then its never going to pass, and crossdressing will never be enough.

Love,
Amber

Maybe it would ...

...be better to leave this effort as it is (save for a wee bit of editing). It's close to lovely as it stands. One of our middle-aged sons died last year and I will never know if I could have helped him deal with a problem of sexuality -- he certainly did have problems even though he was much loved and close to his parents and his brother. I never overheard a similar prayer, and how does a father bring this up with a son out of a clear, blue sky?

Our gentle giant towered six inches above my 5'10" and his weight was quite significant. I think it would be interesting for some of our talented ones to try to cope with the plight(?) of the large-bodied, feminine-oriented among us. I suspect these people are closer to crisis in their personal lives than most of the rest of us.

What might go into a chapter two if this piece is continued? I'm interested in finding out, but I'm a little worried that our author could pull off another elegant first chapter just to allow more chapters to exist. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for this little gem and good luck!

Edited

Ok, just so you know I have edited this a wee bit as Leah put it. If anyone wishes to do a proper edit let me know as I can send a volunteer a word format version.
Thanks for all the Comments.

SaraD

I believe unconditionally in the power of prayer.

While Tim was praying, God had sent a message to David, that his son needed him. After getting time off from work, and going home and listening to Tim's prayer, David knew what was bothering Tim. God had sent David to Tim that very day.

This is a very heartfelt and tender story of father and son, and the love the father has for the son. The plot is solid, the images are vivid and colorful, the dialogue is emotional and very real, and a prayer has been granted.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"With confidence and forebearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Nice story alone or mulltipart

Nice to see more people posting here.

Don't feel bad about technical errors; there are folks here who will help if you ask.

I did notice...
>>
“That would be nice, meat me here at the mall on Friday. I close up the shop around seven.”
>>

Hum, sounds like she wants to be on the menu at a cannibal restaurant. Spell checkers are great but they miss things like that. I tend towards mixing up there they’re their, straight strait and the like but I’m getting better. So will you.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

great story

Please continue this story. It shows a loving father who wants to help his child.

RAMI