The Road to Haifa - Chapter 22

Printer-friendly version

“You think I just want to kill you? You’re going to suffer my boy… You’ll have ring side seats for your sister’s rape, torture and death, then I might kill you… after some playtime.” He smirked, running a finger across Sarah’s cheek. “After all, you do want to be a woman don’t you? My dear little David…”


The Road to Haifa
Chapter 22 — Storm Warning
by
Alyssa Plant

 


 
 
Sarah lent back against the closed door as the train began to move. “We are in trouble.” She announced into thin air

“What are we going to do?” Eliana asked meekly, keeping very close to her sister’s side.

“I don’t know, I’m making this up as I go along.” Sarah sighed, “I didn’t get a good look at them, but I can guess who they work for.”

Eliana looked across at Sarah and frowned. “Now would be a good time to tell me why… I’m involved too now … And I don’t think they want to give us a big friendly hug by the way you’re acting!” she hissed.

Sarah looked at her sister “I pissed off some bad people,” she said with a weak smile. “I personally got in the way of a fairly extensive plan to kidnap and potentially murder the prime minister and his family.”

“But they said in the news it was food poisoning?” Eli replied slowly, mulling the news over in her mind.

“It’s not something we want to publicise … not till we destroy the threat.” Sarah muttered. “But it looks like the threat wants to tie up our loose ends, and one of them was a traitor.”

“Really?” Eli gasped. “So it’s even more personal?”

Sarah nodded and peeked around the doorway to avoid further discussion with her sister. She didn’t want to verbalise the fear that it was more that her intervention that made her a target.

The carriage looked normal, so tugging her sister with her down the aisle, they had made it about half way down the coach when three of the men she had seen on the platform appeared ahead of them at the carriage door. A burst of panic ripped through her as she spun on her heels to move the opposite direction. She had just pulled Eli around by the time she noticed men in the far doorway, too… They were trapped…

The morning commuters on the train seemed oblivious to the situation unfolding; reading newspapers, listening to ipods, or chatting to each other. As the men began to close the distance, Sarah had a flash of inspiration; “Oh my God! He’s got a bomb!” she screamed, pointing down the carriage towards the first group of men. The sudden attention fixed on them stopped the men dead in their tracks, and the ensuing stampede utterly blocked them off from Sarah.

Pushing her sister into an empty seat, she slipped through the press of people trying to escape the carriage towards the second group of men, now flattened against the wall near the door.

Coming up beside one of the men, she delivered a swift jab to the man’s temple, robbing him of his consciousness. As his compatriots began to react, she kneed the closest in the groin before elbowing him in the back of his suddenly lowered head, sending him to join his friend. The third man managed to land a punch which stunned Sarah momentarily. As he came at her once more, she ducked his clumsy hook and slipped under his arm and behind him, deftly snapping his neck as his momentum carried him forward. Snapping her brain out of combat mode, she turned and began forcing her way back towards her sister through the now rapidly emptying carriage.

Reaching her sister, she grabbed the girl roughly, pulled her from the seat she had been hiding in and pulled her back along the walkway. Reaching the door, she pushed Eliana through, and slammed the carriage door closed. Through the glass windows, she saw the other group of men elbowing past hysterical commuters trying to reach them. She needed to buy time … Spotting a rescue axe in a safety glass compartment to her side, she smashed the glass and slipped the tool through the handles on the door. Herding her docile sister into the other carriage, she returned to the passageway linking the two cars. The men had reached the door, and were trying to get it open. She didn’t have long, but hey, it worked in the movies didn’t it?

Scanning the floor, she found an access panel and yanked it open. She was greeted by a blast of air and blurred track beneath them. How the heck did you disconnect carriages? The heroes in action movies always knew, she thought…. Spotting a greasy lever on the coupling, she pulled at it but the thing wouldn’t budge, and the axe wasn’t going to hold forever… Placing her foot against the far carriage, she pulled with all the strength she possessed. The lever flew up with a jolt, and the coupling sprang open, sending Sarah sprawling for a handhold to stop her slipping under the speeding wheels of the train.

Pulling herself back into the coach, the gap began to widen as the weight of the trailing carriages began to slow them, now free rolling. The brake line snapped, as the rubber hose became the last thing linking the carriages, spraying hot brake fluid over one of the assailants as he managed to smash through the door. Behind their screaming compatriot, the other men could only watch as their carriage pulled away.

Sarah let out a sigh as she lay sprawled on the carriage floor. Why couldn’t she have had a normal job, left the army after her conscription and just gone to work for her father? Or something safe … like the bomb squad …

Rolling over, she began to haul herself to her feet when she came face to face with the barrel of a pistol. “Very nice, David. A lovely little show.”

Taking her eyes off the mesmerising darkness of the barrel, she looked up, her eyes connecting with the dark soulless pools that belonged to Major Thesik.

“You didn’t think I was dead now did you?” he smiled sadistically. “Aw …” he mocked. “The little tranny looks surprised to see us.” He laughed.

Sarah cast her eyes past the major, and was greeted by a second shock; Eliana was struggling under the grip of Specialist Thomas, who was gripping her by the throat, a gun to her head…

“Let her go, you scum,” she hissed, coming to her haunches.

“Ah, ah, ah,” The major urged, pushing the barrel of the pistol against her forehead. “I’ll have none of your heroics, David. You quite depleted my manpower already, Good help is hard to find.”

“You seem to have interrupted our plans once more David.” The major smiled sardonically, “Regardless, my mission now is something you cannot avert. You cost me dearly … my little retirement package, my bosses’ prize … All I want today … is you.”

“So let her go!” Sarah hissed, looking up at the major. “If you want me, take me, but she’s done nothing.”

“Au contraire,” Smiled the major, “You think I just want to kill you? You’re going to suffer, my boy … You’ll have ringside seats for your sister’s rape, torture and death. Then … I might kill you … after some playtime.” He smirked, running a finger across Sarah’s cheek. “After all, you do want to be a woman don’t you? My dear little David…”

“Enough chatter.” He sighed, straightening up and turning to two of his men. “Bind these two, and get a car to meet us when the train stops.”

A rifle butt smashed down on Sarah’s head, and darkness enveloped her….


 
 
To Be Continued...

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Here We Go . . .

If there is one problem I have with this chapter, it's that it's not long enough to satisfy my Sarah fix. Do keep up the good work, Bella.

Nancy Cole


~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

Trubble Magnet

OMG! Why is this woman not Pakin'? ? ? Surely Americans are not the only people in the world who carry concealed weapons? She should have one of those ooozies that the Israelis are so famous for!

hehe

Do you realise the UZI is the size of an mp5? hardly concealable.... and she was off duty, on leave, and with her family... chances of needing a firearm is miniscule... and even if she had been carrying... what good would a pistol have been on a packed commuter train? how many could she have dropped before the others got her? As most americans fail to see, firearms escelate things unneceserily....

as for americans being the only onescarrying... i think thats a TINY exaduration... and part of why america is well... america ;)

Even in civvies active members of Tzahal....

NoraAdrienne's picture

are supposed to be armed. She should have been carrying either an Uzi, or an M-16, or a Gallil. Sarah was probably just not thinking straight when she left her parent's house. If you ever see photos of soldiers hitch hiking in Israel you see them armed. Even when in regular clothing.

My nephew was in Tzahal and was part of the last incursion into the Northern areas when the arabs attacked a couple of years ago. He was also a sniper.

:)

The UZI and Galil have been phased out years ago.
Either way, its a minor issue,if she had been armed, _it would not have mattered_ >> Giving the character a firearm, at that point, would have merely complicated matters, and she was on medical leave for one thing... all 'ACTIVE' members of the IDF, (Tzahal, or just Zahal,) for those who dont know what Tzahal means... are, yes, but those on leave for a specific reason are not.... She nearly died, several times, and had suffered considerable trauma... i know for a fact that medical leave soldiers are not armed... they are no expected to fight at a moments notice... being the reason for arms...

But then there's aother problem

If she is on medical leave she is supposed to be assigned for the Medical unit near the local hospital . which in Sarah case is in Bear-sheva, its also customary that special unit personal on medical leave to escorted by one of the member of their division.

Talk about cliffhangers...

Another gripping chapter. I do agree - not long enough, but that's me.

One interesting development, is, we discover, that besides surviving the botched kidnapping, the Major isn't the only 'traitor', or is the motivation for his accomplice, pure hatred for the likes of Sarah? Either way, it's a familiar face.

Sarah cast her eyes past the major, and was greeted by a second shock; Eliana was struggling under the grip of Specialist Thomas, who was gripping her by the throat, a gun to her head…

PB

arghhhh

you cant leave us there.

next part quickly posted please

Samantha

You are a very cruel author,

You are a very cruel author, Alyssa! That's a nasty cliffhanger you've given us. I hope you don't make us wait too long until we get to a better bit.

Sarah will prevail, I have

Sarah will prevail, I have no doubts. She will protect her sister with her life if necessary. This is really an interesting story.

No Way!

terrynaut's picture

He can't still be alive! He just can't! Arrggggg!!

The train ride was quite chaotic and exciting. I can't wait for Sarah to continue teaching the bad guys a lesson. Those idiot soldiers still need more training! heh

It was stupid to involve Sarah's sister. That was going too far and the idiots will pay dearly. I just know they will and I can't wait to see it happen. grrrrrr

Thanks and please keep up the good work (as you have time).

- Terry

I am absolutely loving this

I am absolutely loving this story, damn I hate the situation Sarah and her sister are in tight now, I think Ari needs to appear and rescue her but its probably just my romantic mind wishful thinking lol.

When is she going to finally get time to start addressing Hormones issues and things like that and will we hear more from the Ben, Eve and Maritza. She seemed to make close friends with them during the time on the boat and I think Maritza was a good influence on Sarah.

Thats just my 2 cents, anyway as I say loving the story , please please please dont make us wait too long to see how Sarah survives this situation I dont want to end up bald from pulling my hair out waiting lol

:)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

The Road to Haifa - Chapter 22

How does she get them out of this picklement?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine