William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapters 34-35

Printer-friendly version

William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
By Sharp.

(Part of this is set in the Gabyverse by Maddy Bell)

skipton_castle.gif

Chapter 34. "What is this about Alexis Gaby?"

"I suppose it is ok to tell you. Alexis and children are not normal people. I know you have seen her and the children so you must be included. You are part of Empress Lucy’s protection team well Alexis has her own protection including the hobbits."

“What is a hobbit Gaby?”

“As for Anastasia & Tatiana they where both photographed with the King of Portugal and the Grand duchess George on the 4th September 1918 in Harrogate Yorkshire the picture appeared in the Harrogate Herald so they cannot have died when the reds said they had."

“Hobbits are like children in size and love to play with children. They are very loyal the only thing they are not keen on is water. So with one exception you will not see them here. You will see plenty of them once you arrive back in England. In fact they will have been preparing your new home for you and the other princesses. They created the pool and track for my team to practise on in record time.”

Gaby clutches her tummy. "I appear to be a bit early, and I will have to join you in bed rather than go racing the car after all."

Iolanthe cuddled Gaby. "I still wish my real mum was here with me."

Gaby thought. "How did she die and is she buried or was she cremated or something different?"

“All I know was that she was killed along with some friends and she is buried in the old cemetery.”

Gaby. "Pain or not we have a job to do. I have summoned the others to meet us at the old cemetery in Helsinki. Come join hands with me and we will go there immediately."

Within seconds they both shot off and landed at the Old cemetery. They soon found the gravestone and on it was a picture of Iolanthe’s mother. "Mum it is me Iolanthe I missed you so much & I had to bring my friend Gaby to show her your resting place." The ground shuddered. As the ground shuddered again Lucy arrived with all the others.

Flora. “Mother earth requires your services Constance of Fischen, and likewise the daughters of the heavenly mother also command you here. I Flora on behalf of my friend Iolanthe command your presence."

Lucy. "Constance I know you are listening as I can feel your presence. Until a short time ago I was just plain Lucy. Now I am Queen of Finland, Zarina of Russia, Empress of Germany, & Crown Princess of the British Commonwealth, Bavaria, Greece & Denmark. I also discovered I like your daughter can fly. We also discovered we could do this, we call it a wake up call for sleepy princesses."

With that all the little girls started throwing fireballs at the ground. As they did so Wilma and the adults arrived. Lucy spoke with authority, “We have come to awaken Princess Constance as Iolanthe needs her mum."

Wilma. "Constance the cemetery is now also full of adults awaiting your return. We could easily have sailed on and left you here. Gaby remembered you and certain others may only be sleeping. As the Grand daughter of her Imperial highness Tatiana & Her Imperial Highness Anastasia I command you awake from your slumber."

The ground shuddered again and the earth fell away revealing a coffin. The children again threw fireballs at the coffin and the lid gave way. Constance spoke, "Greetings Zarina, as you can see I have recovered but have no strength to even lift myself out of here."

Gaby and Iolanthe took an arm each of Constance and then lifted her out of the grave. It was obvious to all that Constance could hardly stand unaided. Iolanthe spoke, "Mum I missed you and now I have you back as well as having the daughters of Margarita as my friends and companions."

Fiona ran forward & curtsied, "I am Princess Fiona of Hess & I was with Lucy when I first saw Iolanthe dressed as a soldier of Finland. I claimed her as my own and we are great friends now.”

Constance sat on the grass and then said, "I can fell strength flowing back into my legs.”Girls is Margarita here and does she know you both have inherited the ability to fly?"

"Mum fathers instructions were that I had to obey Margarita as if she was my mother. I have been very weepy and then I got bad tummy ache and Margarita attended to me. My friend Gaby realised you may have actually survived. As to that question I am not sure but Queen Renata knows as she was with me when I first flew."

Gaby curtsies and said, “I am to test your daughter out for my cycle team although I have raced her before on the Three Peaks Cycle race. For now we both have a similar problem and where keeping each other comfy in bed until, I remembered what cousin Astrid told me and it appears to be true."

"Well I appear to have regenerated but I am still rather weak. As she spoke there was an explosion and the grave burst into flames. I think girls we had better get away from here before somebody comes to investigate." With that the group departed.

Back at the ship Constance took a shower and Iolanthe brought her tiara. "Mum dad gave me this but you better have it back now you are alive again."

"No that is now yours I already have been given another one. You did say you flew with Queen Renate?"

"Yes mum she cuddled me as if I was her child when I was upset and spoke to me in fluent Bavarian like you used to. And when I calmed down she said, Iolanthe like your mother you will always be with me forever. I thought that was strange. I kissed her as if I was kissing you and said yes mum. Shortly after that she held out her hand and together we flew."

"Ah now I fully understand. By any chance have you made friends with any other young children apart from Empress Lucy and Gabriel?"

"Yes they arrived shortly after me." There are many but the main ones are Astrid, Cleo, Astrol & Astral. They showed me some neat tricks and have a couple of kittens with them. I can show you one of the tricks if you wish. I can make a pink ball like this."

“Iolanthe can you make them and pass them to me I know a good use I can put them to? Iolanthe you may stop now I am fully recovered. I did not expect to find you able to do that and somebody far more powerful than Renate has been instructing you. Yes I know you think it was Renate. It was certainly not Renate. Now it is time I took my daughter for a flight and present her as only a mother can."

With that they both held hands and appeared to fly into the night. They flew higher and higher eventually they saw some white gates. A voice said greetings, “You finally found your way here Constance?"

"Ah Peter on security duty as ever. I bring my daughter to formally take her vows with the heavenly queen although she may have already met the mother and child. As they where talking Cleo came chasing after two kittens and bumped into Iolanthe."

"Sorry I was playing chase with my elder sisters Iolanthe. Come play with us."

Peter. "Apparently she already knows the spirit as well. Child goes and play with Cleo, your mother and I have much to discuss.

"Cleo what did that elderly man mean when he said I know the spirit?"

"That is Peter by the gate & we are what he was referring to. We three all can change into cats so we have cat spirits residing in us. You have already met our sister Astrid & the twins. You and Gaby did great the other evening. We watched everything. Our mum was close by but was not needed, especially when Lucy was there with you. Are you going to be our sister also?”

Iolanthe pinched herself. "That hurt, I thought I was dreaming. Am I dead & is this Heaven?”

Cleo giggled and said, “No Iolanthe you are not dead and yes this is Heaven & you are an angel, although you like us will spend most of your time on earth. You have promised to care and look after Lucy. Well Lucy is Mother Earth and her companions are Flora & Fauna. As by now you will have worked out I am one of the daughters of the heavenly queen.”

Meanwhile Peter was chatting to Constance who also seamed to be slightly taken back at the turn of events.

Constance. "Peter am I correct in thinking that it may be possible to restore others of our kind?

As she spoke Alexis arrived with Gaby.

Constance. "Ah Gabriel there is no mistaking you or from whom you are descended. How is Jenny? Once I am fit again I would like to cycle with her as we used to once do."

"Mother is busy these days training the junior team and also trying to retain her title. I keep giving her a run for her money. Sometimes she wins and sometimes I do. I remembered racing against Iolanthe in the three peaks race and I had no hesitation in having her in my team. Even then she was very good although her bike was not very suitable for the terrain we had to go over."

"I suppose to do it correctly Constance you should also be training with us. This is my first time here and Aunt Alexis brought me here to show me around. These are great but I still prefer my cycles. Sorry sir I did not notice you there I was too busy chatting to Constance.”

"Gabriel I also have followed your career with interest as have some of the host. In fact several of them wanted to get involved when you had a slight problem in Dorset."

Constance. "Would you care to enlighten me?"

“Well short version is I went on holiday with my Aunt & Cousin Maddy. I lost my trousers and had to borrow clothes off Maddy. I was mistaken for a girl yet again & I borrowed a bike and entered a race and won it. I managed to cross a bully who also raced and I beat him once and in the second race he was killed. Then the one who killed him came after me and my family so with help from a friend we caught the gangsters."

Peter smiled. "I agree that is the short version and basically true although there are certain bits you have omitted. Nether the less we all here are pleased how you reacted and that was before you received your wings.”

The boy who died may have been a bully and involved in selling drugs but he did not deserve to die like he did. I was hoping that when I beat him again he would lose face and then not be as nasty. He was a good rider and I believe we could have become great friends if he had not been involved with Meadows. If I am here then I presume the other place also exists & I hope the boy did not get consigned there.

As Gaby was speaking Alexis returned with a child holding on to her. The child looked terrified and ran to Gaby. "Please save me I am sorry for being nasty to you before. I am in limbo until I am claimed by somebody."

As the child cuddled into Gaby Iolanthe spoke. "What did you do nasty to Gaby and why should she help you?”

Constance. "Alexis I presume you have just brought her from limbo and if so then she will have no recollection of what she did wrong. Am I correct in thinking you wish me to care for this child as if she was my own?”

Gaby, "Iolanthe it makes no difference what she did wrong. All she needs to know is that she has been forgiven and has a second chance to take the correct path. Between us all looking after her I think this time she will stay on the straight and narrow. Maybe eventually she will make the team. Alexis thank you for answering the question I previously asked.”

Constance held her arms out. "Ah I fully understand now. Child come here and embrace me."

As she did so she vanished. Iolanthe spoke, "Where did she go too? I was thinking we could be great friends.

Gaby said, "I know and will try and show you with Alexis." The next second Gaby vanished and then Iolanthe could here Gaby's voice.

Gaby then returned. "Iolanthe she has decided to be your sister & you have some choices to make. You can stay as you are and she will appear in 9 months as a baby or you can go and collect her and then she will be as you are now."

Alexis. “Iolanthe nobody else but us will realise what has happened as which ever way you choose history will be rewritten and you will have a sister.

Iolanthe gave Gaby a cuddle. "You helped restore mum & must know what you are doing so I must trust you. If you can do it then so can I. Can my sister be called Isolde?”

With that Iolanthe gave Constance a cuddle and vanished. "Found Isolde and she is scared. I have told her she has been forgiven and now she has to return with me."

Constance. "You knew Iolanthe would go and collect her Alexis."

"Constance it looks like the twin towers never happened and Iolanthe has save thousands of lives. As for Isolde she is already sharing her twin’s memory. Gaby as far as you are concerned you still meet Meadows and he is caught sooner."

"Iolanthe bring your twin here & you Gabriel take hold of Isolde's other hand. As she has not yet flown it is permissible for the two of you to take her on a short flight." With that the three of them took off and after a short flight returned.

"Mummy I was scared but Iolanthe and Gaby looked after me."
Constance. "Gaby will there be room for the two of my daughters to practise with you?"

Gaby. "Constance your twins will make a great addition to the team once they get up to standard. Then I will have to watch out like mum did with you. Perhaps you would like to give mum a hand with the coaching of the teams. Sorry I forgot to mention our chief supporters have ensured we have a fully equipped track & swimming pool which is better than the British Olympic squad had to use. So they tend to come and train with us. The laughable thing is we moved to our new home to be closer to the training centre in Manchester."

Constance "Gaby I do not even know where we will be living. All Iolanthe has told me is that she has to protect Lucy and so I presume we will be close to her and most of the others on the ship."
35. Paula & Anne.

Alexis. "Gaby you where quite correct I did slip up with Rose & family & William & family, and I should have collected them sooner. But as they where already in town they got overlooked. However that has been rectified now although I will have to collect another three because of what has happened."

Iolanthe. "That must be the family who rescued David & Marie as it can not be anybody else."

"Yes Iolanthe you are correct and I have had the father and daughter transferred to a specialist unit. To be near them the mother has also come and brought Lady with her. At the moment though she is more concerned about her husband that what is happening to him. The Little girl has found she has lots of little friends to play with. Lady does not stray far from the little girl.”

Gaby."I remember when I was changing and I got very upset because of it. Maddy and the others realised long before I did and for long enough I was both Drew and Gaby. Perhaps somebody older talking to the family of the soldier might help.

Iolanthe looked at Alexis. "I take it the man is still a serving officer with the Yorkshire regiment? If that is the case then he can be placed on special duties like I was. He got infected because he saved David & Princess Marie from the inferno. He like I, was a soldier and will follow orders especially if he is ordered to join a new unit like I was."

Constance looked at Iolanthe. "I think a visit by us will be in order. We have finished here and should be getting back but first we will have a detour."

Constance and the two girls landed close to the hospital and entered it. As they arrived some girls came up to them and said, "The mistress said we where to expect guests. Please follow us.” Soon they came to a private ward and they entered. Iolanthe & Isolde saw the little girl and went to play with her.

The woman started to curtsy when she saw Constance and then Constance. "I have come to visit a couple of heroes. I was told what you and your daughter did for David & Marie. I understand that because of your rescue of them your own life has changed."

The wife spoke, "I honestly do not know how we will cope. My husband has been contaminated by something that is gradually destroying all his X chromosomes. He will not be able to return to his job in the Army."

"That is why I am here, Once David & Marie arrived at the clinic we all realised David had been contaminated with a feminising agent and so instructions where sent to the hospital to send you here in case the same had happened with you. You appear to have received a similar dose of the same contaminant as David. Your wife is quite correct there is no way that you can ever go back to your old unit of the Yorkshire regiment.”

“However we can not let your husband’s skills and talents go to waste so I am here in my capacity as his senior command officer. I have been instructed to inform your both, that once your husband has recovered he is being transferred to a relatively new unit and his job will be expected to live with and protect various Royal personages. These include the Princess, Rose, and Davina & Marie who will be moving to a new home in their former home town of Skipton. I am not sure if you have been officially informed yet but both your husband and daughter are to receive medals for their bravery.”

As Constance was finishing talking the three girls returned and Mary spoke, “Mummy, mummy I have two new friends and they are princesses like Rose. They like Lady and say I am to be called in future. Lady Mary Christian protector of fairy dogs. Isolde and Iolanthe tell me we are going to live with them and my friend Marie.”

Paul the husband. "Dear would you mind going and taking the girls and Lady for a walk for 10 minutes or so. I think I may have some thing to discuss with Princess Constance of Fischen."

"So Paul you realise who I am?"

"I did not initially even when my wife tried to curtsy. It was the Title protector of Fairy dogs that reminded me. The girls used the old Celtic name not the modern shelties. I did not even realise Rose was a princess. She and her family were just our neighbours and friends. I would have done the same for anybody. However when I heard the Sheltie called that name I just remembered a story my old nurse used to tell me about fairy dogs.”

"Beware the Fairy dog, it will tell its mistress all that befell it be it good or evil. Then the day of reckoning shall befall those who failed to heed this warning. As a child I used to picture a little dog going running to the Queen and telling her everything. I clean forgot that ancient warning when I let Mary play with Lady & Marie."

"So Paul can you remember the remainder of the verse?"

"Be it good or be it bad the lady at the queen’s command with her minions will strike. The host high and low will search, if the kitten strays afar. Be ye warned take cover, the queens temper is a fearsome thing if one hair on the kitten is harmed.”

As Paul was speaking a door flew open and a nurse came chasing after a kitten. With a leap the kitten leaped onto the bed and scrambled under the covers.

The nurse. "Sorry Madame but we can not allow your pet kitten in here."

Paul. "Sorry but the kitten is not ours although it appears to like me. I doubt very much that you will be able to remove her as she is clinging on like a limpet."

Paul pulled the covers back. “See what I mean she thinks it is meal time and I am the provider.”

Constance started to laugh. "Paula it looks like she had decided you will make a good mother for her." The nurse tried to lift the kitten off but could not move her.

Paul. "Nurse let her stay. Once she has had her fill she will soon let go and tire of her game. Princess Constance I take it you can summons up the kittens mother?"

As Paul was speaking Astrid appeared with Marie. Marie came across and spoke. “This is my cousin Astrid we have lost Cleo yet again. Have any of you seen her?”

For a second or two both Paul and his wife where speechless and then he said, “Marie I was told you had been badly burnt & had been sent away."

"I was but as you can see I have recovered which is more than can be said for Grandpa he is gone."

Paul stuttered, "I,I,I,I was told he was OK but had been contaminated with something. Sorry Marie I am pleased you are OK after all. I have a little problem which need resolving. Sorry we have not seen another little girl but if we see her we will tell her that you are looking for her." Paul could feel the kitten tremble.

Marie. "Mary I need you to look after Lady for a while longer, but Astrid wants to play with her before we have to return and before we go you can tell us about your kitten.”

“Something must have scared the kitten badly as she jumped in bed with my dad and will not come out again for anybody. The nurse tried and it clung on as if its life depended on it. Once it has calmed down I will find a basket for it and I can introduce it to Lady unless somebody else claims her. Lady is a real softie with all babies’ even kittens.”

Astrid said, "Sorry I was just playing with lady did you say you had found a kitten it could be Cleo but she does not normally go to strangers only mum and my aunts." Astrid looked at the sheltie. "Lady Can you take Cleo to mum and request her to come here immediately.”

The sheltie jumps up and grasps the kitten by the scruff of her neck and runs off with her. A short time later Alexis appeared. "I got the two messengers."

Alexis was holding on to a small child who had a sheltie on a lead. "Mary I understand you are looking after Lady for Marie. I thought perhaps you would like your own puppy and that Lady could help you look after it."

Cleo. "It was my idea as Lady loves baby’s even kittens. Mum was cross with me because my kitten strayed and did things it should not have done. I apologise to Paula for what happened.”

Paul grinned like a Cheshire cat when he saw Alexis. "Your kitten is welcome any time. I think something scared her as I could feel her trembling away like a scared rabbit. Perhaps your daughter would like to play some times with my daughter Mary she appears to be about the same age as you and Astrid.”

Alexis. "Astrid you were correct in sending Lady to me. Now would you take your sisters and go hunting for those two items that have gone astray. In fact Lady can lead the hunt and you can also take these with you".

Constance “I take it that the accident was no accident and the target was David & Rose."

Alexis. "Almost correct Paul and Anne where the intended targets not David & Rose."

Paul. "But I have no enemies to my knowledge. I was in the Army but I have never had to shoot at anybody."

"Paul the intention was to wipe out you and your family. The two gasmen where but pawns for somebody more powerful who spotted you and has had you followed. He lost you all when you were transferred here. You smiled when you saw me as if you recognised me yet I know we have never met. I think though you may know one of my sisters. As to which will wait as we need to announce the death of Paul Christian follow his heroic rescue of David & Marie Kirkham. So we need to plan a funeral."

As Alexis spoke the kitten came running back and again jumped into Paula’s bed this time Paula caught her and said, “A long time ago I once met a lady who taught me many things. Some I forgot about until you reminded me. Some things I saw but could never do. Now let’s see if you understand me. Nod up and down for yes and sideways for no. Did something or somebody scare you?

"Yes so you do understand. In that case so do I Princess Cleo. Now perhaps you can tell me in English what is wrong?"

"Man with bad smell looking for something."

Cleo under the covers quick and stay quiet I also can smell him. Constance and the others appeared to vanish.

"So they left you unprotected. I suppose I better correct that statement that you were dead. Prepare to die."

Paula spoke, "I do not fear you. Your minions did me a favour. They awoke me and it is you who should tremble. They tell me you have already crossed the queen and she has her Valkerie hunting you. Run while you have the chance demon."

“No Human will make me run from my appointed task. My Lord may be long gone but I still do hill bidding.”

Paula heard a voice in his head. "Hold your hands out in front and do nothing else."

The demon fired bolt after bolt and Paula stopped them all she then said. “You are far too late all you are doing is making me stronger as you get weaker. Soon you will be that week that even my pet kitten could devour you and then where will you be. Gone like your master.”

The demon stopped. “You are correct I have failed my task & I am a failure as a demon. I should have got you when I had the chance in Iraq. But I was not sure you where the one and I had no intention of taking the wrong life. That is not in my nature. Then to cap it all when I found you again I could not get near you because of that fairy dog next door. Those idiots I employed made a big mistake & when you rescued those two and the dog from the ensuing inferno. I knew I was far too late. But I had to try as I promised I would. Now I am prepared for my fate. So finish me off.”

Paula. "Well it appears the hunters have also returned and I am sure they would love to hunt you down. However you stopped and apologised now perhaps Lady should decide your fate.”

Cleo got out of the bed. "Demon I take it you know full well who I am and who my mother is. Your fate may have been far different had you harmed me previously. O' dear we have a baby demon that needs a nappy. Perhaps we should put you in them permanently. No that would not be nice. No better still Lady shall have you as her charge and you will get to play in future with me. As for Paul the statement was correct he is dead and only Paula now survives. Even now her childhood memories are coming back. In a way you carried out your final orders for the late Lord Black & destroyed Paul, but you also made Paula strong."

All around Alexis and others materialized. "Opps the queen herself and retinue. At least there is no Endora, Andorra or Candora & the killer matrons to see my shame and failure. When even a kitten can afford greater protection and better me."

Alexis spoke, "You have proved to me you have tenacity and that you would have been granted your request had the black flight survived. But that has now gone and the remnants absorbed into the remaining flights. Your friend was responsible for reuniting all the flights by attacking me and my daughter. What should I do with you now?”

Andorra. "Perhaps Night star can help us with a decision or failing that her sister Morning stars?”

Princess Morning star of the Golden flight spoke. "Alexis I do not know where my twin is but I do know she is close by and observing as I could always feel her. I know she had a personal interest in Paul. She vanished long ago when Debra here tried to join the Black flight. Her heart was never in the black flight, but she followed me and at the same time her mother vanished and until today I had never thought about my twin. Please do not be too harsh on Demon as you call her.”

Alexis. "Cleo gave the Demon to lady. I suggest that Lady takes Debra and give her a good wash before I make my decision as to what to do with her." With that Lady grabs the Demon by the scruff of her neck and runs off with her."

Anne. "Paul what are you?”

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos