Double Oh What?

Printer-friendly version

Double Oh What?

Getting dressed to go out for the evening wasn't easy in the best of times and tonight wasn't the best of times. The agent had to infiltrate a formal gala and everything had to be perfect. The agent had a full salon treatment in preparation and even after years of on the job training was nervous. The agent kept looking at the reflection in the mirror. "Stop that." came an order from across the room. "You look beautiful and hearts will melt when men see you tonight. Now take a deep breath and let's go." The agent stole a last look in the mirror and smiled. "I do look good!" the agent said "But what do I say if some one asks my name?" The other figure in the room smiled and said "Tell them the truth." The agent hesitated then asked feebly "The truth? What truth?" The smile on the other occupant of the room was priceless as she said "Just raise your chin a little and smooth down the waist of your gown and say 'Bond, Jane Bond' ".

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Quite good, though I bet you

Quite good, though I bet you could have written this as a drabble.

I am a grain of sand on a near beach; a nova in the sky, distant and long.
In my footprints wash the sea; from my hands flow our universe.
Fact and fiction sing a legendary song.
Trickster/Creator are its divine verse.

--Old Man CoyotePuma